Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you be disappointed if the scrambler showed up like something along the lines of the Royal Enfield Continental GT? I know the GT is a little more cafe style but it hits all the old school heart strings in all the right places....

·
Registered
276 Posts
I wouldn't be disappointed. Ducati would put its own spin on the design and give us a nice engine. I think this Royal Enfield Continental is a great classically-influenced bike. That is basically what I am looking for from Ducati with the Scrambler.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but would you be okay if Scrambler doesn't have all the modern rider creature comforts? Say no ABS, TC/SC, drum brakes in the back perhaps?

·
Registered
889 Posts
but would you be okay if Scrambler doesn't have all the modern rider creature comforts? Say no ABS, TC/SC, drum brakes in the back perhaps?
I wouldn't mind it.
But I would prefer to have those things, even if they were options I would pay more for it

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
to be honest that might be one of the only ways for ducati to offer the scrambler at a sub $10K price point...

·
Registered
889 Posts
I wish I could say how much exactly but my guess is right around $10k, still tough to say, but thats more like what I want to pay lol

·
Registered
281 Posts
I like the Royal Enfield, but if I wanted one than I would just buy one. I hope that the Scrambler is unique enough to be its own thing. I don't want it to just be the Ducati version of something else.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Royal Enfield just announced that it will be lowering its prices. The flagship 535cc Continental GT Cafe Racer is now $5,999, a reduction of $1,400. The rest of Royal Enfield's lineup also received lower prices.

Looks like there is a lot of competition and it is causing some price reductions. Maybe now people really will go for a Royal Enfield instead of a Ducati which will undoubtedly cost more.

·
Registered
281 Posts
It certainly makes me think of buying this Royal Enfield bike over the Ducati Scrambler. Now that it is so much cheaper, it is much more tempting.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It certainly makes me think of buying this Royal Enfield bike over the Ducati Scrambler. Now that it is so much cheaper, it is much more tempting.
yea but the enfield has uncomfortable ergos and a punchless little engine...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts