Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Will you hold out for a Ducati Scrambler?

14K views 41 replies 10 participants last post by  exhaustleak 
#1 ·
With no real word from Ducati on any specifics, including no release date, waiting for the Ducati Scrambler to come out at this point is a wait that has no light at the end of the tunnel. Are you dead set on getting the Scrambler or are you looking into other options, maybe an option that will actually be on sale in the foreseeable future.

Part of me wants to wait to at least see what the Scrambler will look like but I also don't want to sit around and wait for ever. There are other bikes that will also make me happy.

#6 ·
Its not like I need a bike right this instance. I am waiting for the right bike to speak to me and then I will buy it. It could be in a few days, or it could be in a few years. I just want to find a bike that I really like. Scrambler style bikes really appeal to me and I also like Ducati a lot. I don't like sports bikes. I want something far more casual.

#8 ·
I partially agree with you. Wait for them all to come because then you will get the best selection and you won't regret jumping the gun, but at the same time you could be waiting forever if something gets delayed or if you keep finding a new bike that will be released in just a few more months. At a certain point you just have to decide from what is available.

#22 ·
I think that Ducati anticipates that people will want to do a lot of work to the Scrambler. Hopefully they make it easy to take apart and customize. Hopefully they will offer plenty of aftermarket parts. If you want to have a truly custom and retro looking Scrambler I think you will have to go to a tuning house unless you are skilled enough to put it together yourself. Regardless, I expect to see plenty of rad Scramblers once people have the chance to do what they want with them.

#24 ·
oh definitely, retro is huge. Did you see what BMW did with the R NineT? Its retro styled and was released with a bunch of aftermarket support already. BMW even allowed Ark to dev slip on silencers and exhaust kits with the NineT was still a secret...

So yea i can see Scrambler having enough aftermakret support. Especially if it uses the monsters engine...

#31 ·
considering we've heard the Scrambler is expected to use the Monster 796's engine Termi already has pieces available for the Monster so adapting them to fit the Scrambler should be know worries.

We still don't know what the Scramblers pipes are going to look like... The spy shot rules out cans on each side

Maybe it gets a twin can stack like the Monster EVO....

Ducati Monster 696/796/1100 Termignoni Exhaust

#34 ·
I dont think so. I'm fairly confident the Scrambler is going to use a different frame...

thats the monsters frame, I dont see any of that on the scrambler aside from the engine. Plus you can see how chunky the Monster is vs the Scrambler when comparing spys side by side

Monster

Scrambler

#36 ·
yea but those people are already buying monsters, this way Ducati is giving the people who aren't buying monsters an option. There is a difference between a Naked Street fighter like the Monster and a dual sport like the Scrambler. Nakeds are typically sport bikes stripped of their fairings, but dual sports give you the ability to ride off road as well as on. Notice the difference in ground clearance between the two spys...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.