Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with EICMA just around the corner and the Scrambler spied again has most of the moto world excited about seeing the Scrambler at EICMA. I don't think its going down and here is why.

Since September we've been hearing about the high profile launches Ducati will be conducting at EICMA, the 899 Panigale, the new range topping monster and a bonkers street fighter. These are all $12-20K bikes, where does the low cost Scrambler fit in?

Second and most important, look at the most recent spy shot, it looks anything but a finished bike. From the mismatched wheels to the ill fitting headlamp to the strange under body exhaust, this looks more like a frankenstein enduro bike than a factory Ducati.

Lastly, Ducati has still not even acknowledged the Scrambler project in public, now its true companies have lied to us before but all 3 of Ducati's other launched for EICMA have been highly publicized and talked about. Its unlikely Ducati saves their secret surprise for a cobbled together entry level bike.

I could be wrong, after all I'm just a fisherman who don't know nothing but I have been right before ;)

·
Registered
418 Posts
I do also have a feeling its not going to show up.

Ducati still really hasn't shown or said much about the Scrambler at all. There is a chance they are trying to keep it a surprise. But it could also be that it just doesnt exist.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do also have a feeling its not going to show up.

Ducati still really hasn't shown or said much about the Scrambler at all. There is a chance they are trying to keep it a surprise. But it could also be that it just doesnt exist.
Well for me it just seems a pretty piss poor surprise after they reveal all those high end beasts... It exists, we've seen the spys. but next year I suppose. That bike looks no where close to finish...

Those are spys of the 1198 testastretta powered Monster that will debut at EICMA. it certainly looks like a finished bike, Scrambler not so much

·
Registered
276 Posts
It is nice to see that the Scrambler is indeed in development and has a prototype, but seeing where it is in development I would say that we still have at least half a year before the Scrambler would be in a state that Ducati would show it off at a show. Will we get some renderings of the Scrambler soon?

·
Registered
133 Posts
It is nice to see that the Scrambler is indeed in development and has a prototype, but seeing where it is in development I would say that we still have at least half a year before the Scrambler would be in a state that Ducati would show it off at a show. Will we get some renderings of the Scrambler soon?
haven't seen any sketches or renderings as yet so i think there is a good chance we'll see something sometime soon. maybe at or around the time of EICMA we'll see/hear of something.

·
Registered
889 Posts
am i the only one who thinks the camo on the dual exhaust bike is kind of creepy?
I love it, makes the bike look like some type of bike that belongs in the Transformers movie series. all it needs is a really cool color scheme and it will be transformers-worthy.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think its trippy, would be kind of cool if Ducati offered a special "camo" edition and sold it with a textured tank like that :D I wouldn't buy it but someone would...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Are there any motorcycles in Transformers? I could see them doing some really cool stuff with that. It would definitely be a high end sport bike that would get the Transformers treatment.

·
Registered
889 Posts
i doubt that would happen on a production level, you're better off doing it yourself, all custom, or hire a shop to do it. It would be cool to see a Ducati like that.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Anyone think we can expect to see the Scrambler to be unveiled at an event setup by Ducati? and not something that's just part of a bike show? EICMA would have been the ideal show to show it off at.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Maybe, it could be because the Scrambler is supposed to do very well in emerging markets the Scrambler is unveiled at an Asian Motorcycle Expo...

anyone know what the biggies are?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts