Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Who Has Ordered a Scrambler?

45K views 94 replies 69 participants last post by  Motomatt 
#1 ·
Wondering how many of you have pre orders in? I went yesterday to try and get my name on one, but the dealer told me that all theirs are spoken for. Said its going to be tough getting near one for the first year, at least round these parts...

#4 · (Edited)
Put a deposit down as soon as I saw the photos and specs from Intermot.

My local dealer had already put in their initial order for 40 units, and were told by Ducati that they would most certainly not be getting all of them.

Not worried about the "first production run" stuff. That motor is anything but new.

Reactions: Nillus and Bumper
#5 ·
I placed an order the day after the debut. I ordered an Icon in red, and got into the first batch of orders that my dealer is placing. I wasn't in the market for a bike and wasn't very impressed from the spy shots, but once I saw it I had to have one.

I also don't care about the first production year thing. That's a well established motor and none of the other important parts are very complicated.

#6 ·
I ordered a Scrambler classic as soon as I heard they came out.I figured most people were going with the Icon due to price and more color options but I really wanted the spoked wheels. Also hope that the vintage seat they are showing is real leather. I ordered as soon as possible because I want the bike as soon as possible and figured there might be demand issues.

#7 ·
Agreed with the others first production thing is a foolish fear. Perhaps if we were talking about a new ground up panigale, perhaps...

The engine and gearbox are tried and true, the suspension is slightly suspect but thats not going to improve significantly from the factory. The only difference year two will make is the chance Ducati adds new paint options...

#14 ·
I put in my order on a yellow Icon last weekend. I own a small Ducati rental shop here in Denver and currently have a Monster 696 and Monster 796, so I think the Scrambler will be awesome to add to the fleet. I can't wait to break it in :D

#15 ·
went to the dealer ( only one in the country ) and he wants 2000 euros deposit down now, for a bike i won't get till Feb or March 2015, pure madness and he knows it. wish there were more dealers here

In the UK all you need is 200 pounds deposit, i know this as i checked on UK dealers web sites and i also phoned one in Manchester, but you had to put your name down now in the hope to get the first batch

So i will just have to wait and save, as i still want that classic

#16 ·
That sucks! There's 2 local dealers here, and one said I only needed to put down $200. I actually went with the dealer right by house to build a better relationship with them and they required $500, but even still it's not that much money. If they required 2,000 euros I'd ask them how much is that first (jk I actually deal with cross currency stuff in my finance job), and then tell them there's no way especially for a bike no one has ridden yet and I haven't seen!

#17 ·
I placed my order for a 'Classic' (with £250 refundable deposit) last Friday, just before the UK dealers had been asked to submit their first confirmed orders by Ducati (or so I was told)…so I hope mine will be in the first batch for the UK, whenever that will be….

#25 ·
My dealer has seen the sales rep yesterday, i've signed the order for a Urban Enduro today (he already get 7 orders).
Delivery on early april (fingers crossed). My dealer has seen the sales rep yesterday, i've signed the order today (he already get 7 orders).
Delivery on early april (fingers crossed).

My dealer has seen the sales rep yesterday, i've signed the order today (he already get 7 orders).
Delivery on early april (fingers crossed).

#28 ·
Which model have you ordered? I've heard the Icons will arrive earlier than Classic, Enduro or Full Throttle. And if I may what did they require for deposit?

(just trying to figure out if/how much more dealers are asking in higher demand areas vs not)

#26 ·
Yep!

Yep, I have a deposit down for a classic. This will be my re-introduction to motorbikes. Had a Honda CB650 28 years ago, this Scrambler maybe too much of a bike to get back into, but I can't resist it's looks. It's going to be a long winter, since I can't get it until next April.

#27 ·
Yep, I have a deposit down for a classic. This will be my re-introduction to motorbikes. Had a Honda CB650 28 years ago, this Scrambler maybe too much of a bike to get back into, but I can't resist it's looks. It's going to be a long winter, since I can't get it until next April.
welcome to the asylum, we can enjoy the cabin fever together >:D congrats on the deposit, how much was required?

#29 ·
I've ordered the urban enduro.

From my dealer:
In france icon for demo are due for end of january. Icon first delivery for end of february beginning of march.

For the three other, they are expected for end of march begining of april.

This is for the first batch, no idea of how long it will take to have the next one as Ducati have no idea of production numbers so arrived first served first, if your late you'll have to wait.
No deposit for me but i'm a good client as i bought one bike a year for now.
But i think he take the usual deposit of 500€

#30 ·
I have ordered a FullThrottle,my best friend a Classic.
We did not have to pay a deposit,because the dealer knows us.
He told me, he has already orders for 4 Classics,6 Icons,and 2 Fullthrottle.

#31 ·
:D
Put a deposit down on an Icon this weekend. Dealer said they had 4 of their 6 already spoken for. Arrival in March but they will have demo bikes to try out in February. This will be the first new bike I have ever purchased so I hope it rides as well as it looks!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.