Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering the Ohlin's rear shock. I am finding online that there seem to be two different images and descriptions of the Scrambler Shock. I have seen versions on various websites that have a black rebound adjusting wheel, as in the attached image and some, that do not. Can anyone help explain if this shock comes with rebound adjustment or not? See the attached image for versions of the DU505 shock that I am seeing out there with and without the adjustment wheel... Did they just update the DU505 recently and all new versions have the adjustment?

Both of the below images are advertised as Ducati Scrambler DU505 shocks.

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It does include rebound damping adjustment. However, rather than the black adjustment wheel typical of most Ohlins, it requires the use of an allen wrench.

Chris

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hello

The second is the right one for Scrambler : its top head needs to have this fork to fit on the bike frame. A shock like the first one wouldn't mount on the Scrambler.

Ohlins reference for the Scrambler is DU505 and many sites doesn't display the right pic for it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks All-
I see what you mean about the hardware of the first image- I overlooked that.

However, Turns out I found an image of the shock with the black adjustment ring and the correct mounting hardware...

I guess we will have to see what shows up.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Regarding the picture of the Scrambler with the black rubber adjustment wheel:

The rear shock is also custom: it’s a mix of components from over 12 different Öhlins shocks, to make it fit in the tight confines of the Scrambler rear end.The swingarm is CNC-machined around the shock mounts, to give the shock enough space to move freely.
Source: Showstopper: Marcus Walz's Ducati Scrambler | Bike EXIF

·
Registered
628 Posts
It is the DU505. I Installed it a few months back on my Icon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts