Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the pictures and videos of valve checks there are bent jaw plastic pliers----where do you get them?? i searched Amazon and Walmart and no luck. help------

·
Registered
85 Posts
I did the valve adjustment and cheaped out and didn't buy the special tools. My recommendation is to buy all the special tools; the one which holds the valve stems, the one which turns the crank and the one which depresses the valve spring.

I'm going to buy them all when I do my 15k service. Not worth trying to do it all without the special tools. The $/swear word ratio is all wrong. I spent quite a bit of time fabricating a pair of bent needle nose pliers (the bent plastic forecepts didn't work.

I got the emsduc.com valve shim kit and also the special shim retainer half rings which are much nicer than the simple ones provided by Ducati. That said, I launched one into the driveway and found it with a big magnet I have. Those bits are a real PITA. Ask for one or two extras...

I'll buy their tools later this year when I do the 15k service. Mike was super helpful in selecting the right parts.

Best of luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts