Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want it to look something between these two.

I would like this engine in it

696 V-Twin

And I want it to cost under $8000.

Am I being too needy here? :D

·
Registered
315 Posts
I think that the Scrambler will likely have a more modern design than these pictures that you posted. The engine seems doable though, and I am hoping for a ~$8,000 price point. That seems to make the most sense when you look at where the Scrambler would fit into the rest of Ducati's lineup.

·
Registered
449 Posts
actually I'm glad you posted this because I've been wondering for a bit what type of frame the Scrambler is going to use... the JVB looks to e using a trellis frame like the Monster and Motard...

from the spy it doesn't look like a trellis...

·
Registered
889 Posts
I think that the Scrambler will likely have a more modern design than these pictures that you posted. The engine seems doable though, and I am hoping for a ~$8,000 price point. That seems to make the most sense when you look at where the Scrambler would fit into the rest of Ducati's lineup.
$8,000 seems realistic and ideal for what it will be going off of the little info out at the moment. I wouldn't want it to be over $10,000. $10,000 and below and people will be happy

·
Registered
276 Posts
As long as they don't pull a $9,999 price tag on us.

I like the mirrors on the spy shot prototype. Circular and silver.

If they don't really add anything to the prototype, you really should just have to imagine the body in red and that is what it looks like, right? Do you think there will be anything added to the prototype, or is that basically what we are going to get?

·
Registered
889 Posts
If it cost more than the 696 monster I'm just going to get a monster instead.
Good call.
Pricing could be around our expectations or way beyond it, hard to say at this stage,, we have NOTHING solid to go off of at the moment. with more info we can say what the price will be like.

·
Registered
449 Posts
question, what kind of pipes are you guys looking for? would you be disappointed with a modern looking exhaust system?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Whether the exhaust pipe is mounted high or low I think that it will be a bit more retro looking. By that I mean plain chrome pipe. Pretty simple. It would make a good base for people to build off of I think.

Do you think the Scrambler will have s single round headlight, or will they go with something less traditional?

·
Registered
315 Posts
+1 for the round headlight.

I don't think ti is for sure that the headlight will be simple and round though. Ducati might go for something that is a bit more modern in shape. Some more angles and edges. If they don't use a round headlight, I would want to switch it to one myself.

·
Registered
54 Posts
All the Scramblers had round headlights. Why not carry that tradition.

And noone wants a mini street fighter

We want a mini monster.
It could be their way to change the game a bit but I still think there's a very good chance it will have a round headlight. Like I said, if it doesn't, it's something im looking to do.

·
Registered
889 Posts
round headlight is a must
if they don't do it, they'll get laughed at and then have a bunch of people pissed that they didn't stay true to the original styling.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts