Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as how the Ducati Scrambler isn't due to be released for quite some time still, I was wondering what bikes it will compete with once it finally does hit the market.

What other brands are making Scrambler style bikes right now, and will those bikes be able to match the Ducati Scrambler's almost 800cc displacement?

A google search gave too much info, I thought it might be easier to get info from someone who just knows instead.

·
Registered
889 Posts
People might even try to compare bikes out of it's segment and style just for a price and value comparison.

·
Registered
281 Posts
How about something like the KTM DUke 690?

I just don't know about a competitor that has both the power and styling to be a direct comparison.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yamaha FZ-09, Kawasaki Z1000, KTM SD 990...

Its not going to be a straight up displacement war, more a price match thing.

·
Registered
276 Posts
The price is expected to be a bit under $10,000 right? Like $8,999 or something?

I mean Triumph actually makes a Scrambler that cost $10,000. I think that will be the closest competitor.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I don't think that will work too well for them

Like I said
the Scrambler is lusted enough to demand that kind of pricing

I would just get a monster if the scrambler is too expensive.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I don't think that will work too well for them

Like I said
the Scrambler is lusted enough to demand that kind of pricing

I would just get a monster if the scrambler is too expensive.
What if Ducati does in fact go the BMW route and instead of building us a new Scrambler its a Monster with retro styling, kind of how the NineT is a retro styled R1220R...

I dont think i could say id be disappointed...

·
Registered
281 Posts
Do you think that the BMW RNineT is something that would compete with the Scrambler. They both will be a new-retro kind of style, and both are on the pricier side.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts