Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Welcome to DucatiScramblerForum.com - please post an introduction!

108K views 299 replies 235 participants last post by  Chris Williams 
#1 ·
Welcome to DucatiScramblerForum.com - The largest and friendliest Ducati Scrambler Forum! As a new member we ask that you introduce yourself to us. Tell us a bit about your riding history, why you love riding, your thoughts on the Ducati Scrambler and a bit about yourself.

Cheers!

#2 ·
Hey everyone!
I currently ride a Suzuki SFV 650; however, I have my eye on the new Scrambler and it has been consuming my mind! I am having so much trouble deciding on which trim model to choose. The toss up is between the Icon and Full Throttle. I am really hoping that seat on the Full Throttle is comfortable as I am trying to satisfy my tush this time around. I guess we will see, if anyone gets to sit on one soon at one of the shows please post!

#8 ·
Hi.
Quick intro...Raced motocross as a teenager, but forgot all that at 17 when I discovered girls & then worked hard at a career/family until re-discovering 2 wheels about 8 years ago.
Now a happy 53 year old. I have a Triumph T/Bird Storm 1700cc in the garage about to be besties with the new Ducati Scrambler...deposit paid in November, scheduled arrival is April 2015.

#9 ·
Hi everybody, this is my second post, (I got all excited and posted in another forum first!).

I'm Jerry and I've been riding for about 36 years. I've had something in excess of 50 bikes in that time and I'm currently running a new BMW GS brought in October last year and I've just sold a Harley Switchback to fund my Icon which is in the first batch coming into the UK, I'm told by my dealer that it should be ready for collection in mid February and I haven't looked forward to picking up a new bike so much in a long time.

I've ridden all over Europe and cover around 18,000 miles a year. My bikes are toys these days but I have earned a living as a London Despatch Rider, which I'd rate as one of the toughest things I've ever done. When you've been schlepping around the West End for 10 hours in torrential rain earning just enough to cover your petrol the realities of earning your living on a bike soon become apparent! Particularly when you get the chance of a run to Manchester after that 10 hours and you realise you've got to take it just to make the day pay!

These days I just hoon around having fun and me and my wife head off every year on the bikes for a couple of weeks, (she has a Triumph Tiger 800), last year was our first year at the TT on the Isle of Man. For those that haven't been I can promise you that there is nothing on Earth like it. Nothing can prepare you for a full on racing superbike going past you at 200mph so close that if you reached out you could touch it! The TT is an amazing 2 weeks of bikes on an island where the national speed limit is whatever you want to do! As well as that I'm a national observer for the Institute of Advanced Motorcyclists, which basically means I train people to take the IAM test here in the UK.

Other stuff I'm into are guitars and skiing.

#10 ·
Hi everyone!

New to the forum and checking in from Oslo, Norway.
Put in an order for a red Icon two weeks ago. According to my dealer delievery will be in time for the start of the season, which normally is mid april up here. Right now we are covered in snow, and tomorrow we`re expecting another 10-20 cm... Good conditions for cross-country skiing if not else :)

Looks like an interesting forum this, and I`m looking forward to be a part of it!

#11 ·
hey guys

my name isi Klaus
from good old germany
i live in the "Ruhrpott" near Düsseldorf at the rhine

i ride motorcycles since 2002 - so not a long time

most of my motorcyces are BMW´s

last year i bought a R nine T boxer
at the intermot in cologne ast fall i saw the scrambler
i love it
so last wek jump to the next ducati dealer and take a look, sitting etc.
and decided, that i have to buy this bike

so i am still waitung - my dealer mean 10 to 14 days for
scrambler ducati ICOn in that wonderfull REd color

so let us look, what is going on with this nice bike

Klaus

#13 ·
Hi there!

Newbie from Finland enters The Forum.
I'm a kind of returnee, couple decades ago last time with bikes, but when I saw Scrambler the very first time, I knew/felt immediately, this is it, I'm back!

Placed an order today (Icon Yellow) and delivery will be in March.

It is difficult to wait although we still have 45 cm of snow...

#20 ·
Hey guys,
I've got an 1199 and have been following the Scrambler's introduction since the day it was rumored Ducati could be producing one. I've treated my Panigale(s) as do-it-all bikes, but once I saw the Scrambler I couldn't help but think of all the endless possibilities.

Saw my first one at WDW and got a little more exposure at Deus in Venice beach. Looking forward to my first ride on one....

#27 ·
Hi,

I'm from Australia, have been riding for a few years, started with a Vespa 200, then a Vespa 300, did 17000k's on her in 2013, I decided to upgrade to a"real" bike because I want to do more touring and there are some limitations on the Vespa, so bought a 1992 Suzuki 250 just to get my manual bike wings.

Am waiting, not so patiently for the Scrambler to arrive here. Fancy the Classic, but might change my mind when I see the Icon in the flesh.

:)

#31 ·
Hi. I'm Garry from Sussex in the UK. Going to the London Bike show tomorrow to get a good look at the four Scrambler models. I'm pretty sure I want the Classic, but want to see them all in the flesh before putting my deposit down.

Been riding for 40 years and never been without a bike. Seen lots of interesting new bikes come and go, but the Scrambler has got me real excited.

Looking forward to chatting with you all.

Anyone else from my neck of the woods?

#39 ·
Cheers!

New member from Norway. Preordered a yellow Icon. Will be getting it around 20. of March. Still some snow up in the mountains here, but hopefully it will melt once the Scrambler arrives..

This will be my first Ducati. Called the dealer yesterday and got them to install the Sport line Silencer before I get it. Will call him again tomorrow and ask if it's possible to get the heated grips as well. Looking forward to follow the forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.