Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

221 - 240 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Phil here from South Wales in the UK. Waiting for my Scrambler to arrive...soon I hope. I'm 49 in November so I really don't fit Ducati's demographic for this bike but I don't care. It looks cool and after taking it for a test ride I fell in love with it. At the moment I'm riding a 2000 BMW f650 Funduro. Not a bad bike but not as much fun as the scrambler.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello. My name is Javier from Madrid, Spain. I have just bought an Urban Enduro after having a 796 and I'm very happy with my "toy". I like it very much and above all is more comfortable. I feel better on the scrambler than Monster. I'm a little bit older 😉

Enviado desde mi HUAWEI P7-L10 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello. My name is Javier from Madrid, Spain. I have just bought an Urban Enduro after having a 796 and I'm very happy with my "toy". I like it very much and above all is more comfortable. I feel better on the scrambler than Monster. I'm a little bit older 😉

Enviado desde mi HUAWEI P7-L10 mediante Tapatalk
welcome! Enjoy your new toy. I traded my Monster 796 for a Scrambler Icon this past summer so I understand how you feel. Scrambler is more comfortable and enjoyable to ride. The only downside is the rear shock on Scrambler makes for a rough ride. I'm hoping to change that in the spring.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello all,
My name is Tony & I am in north county San Diego, CA. I have had my Red Icon for about 2 months & love it. I have been riding cruisers mostly for the past 20 years, but have also had a few dual-sport bikes for playing on dirt. I gave up my last big bike and am now down to just this one & so far I am not sorry. My wife enjoys riding with me occasionally and this works great. We are in our mid-50's but I can't keep the wind out of my face for long so this is my little ride for exploring and enjoying.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Martin in Melbourne, Oz, just bought a classic, slightly used, been run in for us, probably end up son's bike , he's using it & loving it, contrary to all press etc, especially on the dirt, doesn't have major grips with suspension either, certainly not the power, after 450MX bikes, it has loads. I've made some leather saddlebags and a rooskin tankbag, should have them fitted soon, will post pics, doesn't need much more to be well capable all roads touring bike IMHO, fuel range bit of an issue here, if a crashed and dented tank turns up, that's me, fill up the silly panels with petrol and a bit more on top, another gallon and we've got a 200 mile range, that'll do. Yep, I'll take it away now and then too, Tassy (Tasmania) perfect Scrambling land of joy.
Season's greetings to all

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi... I'm from L.A. Had my red Icon since October 2016. Changed out my bars for the Italia Independent bars and added a Dart Fly screen.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Greetings from Seattle,
Bought a Yellow Icon last year and spent most of the summer customizing it into a modern, reliable, light 1/2 fairing café bike. Happy to post pics and info about what I've done if any interest? That is if I can figure out how to navigate this site. I'm tech challenged.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello from Solihull England, bought Red Icon after having owning a Triumph and just love the look and ride of this fun, fun fun bike. Weather not great this time of year, so can't wait for spring and summer to come, so I can get out a lot more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, great forum, amazing.
After 26 motorcycles and already 51 years I liked the scrambler and I think the perfect bike, weighs little, is short and very funny.
Greetings to all and beers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! New Forum member intro - Chezlick

Hi there - my friend introduced me to this site, as I just bought a 2016 Ducati Scrambler Sixty-2. Two weeks into ownership... previously rode a Vespa Granturismo 200GT for the last 6 years. Full M license, very excited about the upgrade though I already miss my scooter :eek: I want to do longer rides, destination rides, vs. city errands on the bike. I live in the 6ix! Right downtown Toronto.

I like to do my own maintenance, where I can, so this forum comes in handy! Just installed the luggage racks last night. Will keep it at basic factory settings for a while, as it's my first bike...

Thanks for having me!

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI there I'm Chris, I stumbled across your forum looking for information on ducati scrambler as my first bike after completing a full access course next year. I like to gain lots of views and information before making decisions on purchasing cars and now bikes it seems, I've never riden a bike before so yeah keep posting all your pictures and thoughts for me to read thanks

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Everyone, I'm Scarlet. I ride a Ducati Full Throttle (2015) that was a gift from my boyfriend (I asked for a motorcycle instead of an engagement ring. Boy did he come through). I rode my FT stock last year, but this year I'm doing some things to it. I will be customizing the seat (I don't ride with the yellow one, I have a black one), I've already put a fender eliminator kit on it, and I'm going to put bar end mirrors and purple levers on it. I will be taking all the yellow off and replacing it with dark purple (almost ghosting it). I love my bike, it's a nice change from the 1982 Suzuki GS 650G that I was riding.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everyone,

My name is Kurt Walker. I'm 23 years old and got my 2016 scrambler icon about a year ago. It's my first bike and I absolutely. So much so that I've decided to take it 7,000+ miles over 30 days across the US before starting a new job in California (coming from DC).

I'm a bit behind, but I have a blog going at impulse-ventures . com (can't post links yet)

I'm also posting photos and live stories on Instagram @Captainkurt1, so feel free to give me a follow!

Cheers!
Kurt

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys

Im getting my new Scrambler Full Throttle next week. So excited :))
As first step most parts are getting black :)
The bike in the picture below is my inspiration :)

I^m still not sure which turn signals/ mirrors I should buy. Any other idea than rizoma?
Is it difficult to change them by myself?

Concerning the seat, I am searching for it, I saw many people use Mugello seats.

Any comments/ tipps?

Thank you very much

Attachments

221 - 240 of 265 Posts