Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the contributors on the advrider forums spoke at length to the Ducati technical man at the NY show and was told that the valve adjustment interval on the engine is remaining at 7000miles and confirmed the wire wheels are tubed :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

· Registered
519 Posts
One of the contributors on the advrider forums spoke at length to the Ducati technical man at the NY show and was told that the valve adjustment interval on the engine is remaining at 7000miles and confirmed the wire wheels are tubed :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hi

Just found this link which advises upon service schedules and costs, sure you who have Ducatis are already aware of these costs and timings, see link below.

Servicing Plan N2 - Ducati Servicing - Ducati Bikes Glasgow

More than disappointed about the wire wheels requiring tubes, any one else aware of this or could confirm if this is true as I have ordered the Classic.

· Registered
217 Posts
I've heard of people sealing the rim on spoked wheels--anyone here have experience with that?

I ordered the Enduro in part because of the wheels. I much prefer them to the cast ones. Having only ever run spoked wheels with tubes, I guess I don't know what I'm missing...

· Registered
1 Posts
Ducati modified this motor for the Scrambler by changing valve timing to 11 degrees of valve overlap. This was not the case with this motor in prior iterations. All other 11 degree Ducati motors have an 18K mile valve check interval. I expect the Scramble to be the same...

Paul

· Registered
76 Posts
Ducati modified this motor for the Scrambler by changing valve timing to 11 degrees of valve overlap. This was not the case with this motor in prior iterations. All other 11 degree Ducati motors have an 18K mile valve check interval. I expect the Scramble to be the same...

Paul
You take it the wrong way.
Every Ducati watercooled 4 valves engines have an interval of 18k miles.
Every Ducati aircooled 2 valves engines have a 7K miles interval.

The scrambler is a 2 valves aircooled.

Plus the Ducati website says 7K

Sad, i agree.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.