Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hello
Hello
52 mm is the upper tube diameter.
I'll crosscheck next week when I'll dismount my fork left leg (I've bought the right tool to do so), because it seemed to me when I measured it that the diameter is not the same in the upper and lower tee.

Something like 51 mm in the upper tee and 52 mm in the lower one.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello

I'll crosscheck next week when I'll dismount my fork left leg (I've bought the right tool to do so), because it seemed to me when I measured it that the diameter is not the same in the upper and lower tee.

Something like 51 mm in the upper tee and 52 mm in the lower one.
Thanks. That would be helpful. The issue will tubes that are too bike - 51mm is actually quite large (DR400Z - a potential donor - is 49mm - a shim can be machinesd up).

The other issue of comparability will be the distance between the Triple Clamping points and then the diameter of the axle shaft (ignoring the issue of the brake caliper mounts). Can you measure those if possible?

·
Registered
379 Posts
The other issue of comparability will be the distance between the Triple Clamping points and then the diameter of the axle shaft (ignoring the issue of the brake caliper mounts). Can you measure those if possible?
I'm not sure to understand clearly what are :
- triple clamping points
- axle shaft

If you plan to change the fork, you'd better replace by an entire front system coming from another bike : tee, fork, wheel and brake. Doing so, your only issue would be the diameter of the steering pivot.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Returning to this as I've not been able to get all the info elsewhere.

The 800's outer fork tube diameter at the top yoke is I believe 50.7. An annoying size that has lead to it being quoted as 50 and also 51. But I've not been able to confirm the diameter at the bottom yoke. 52 seems a bit small.

Also the 1100. Seems clear that at the top yoke they're 55, but no idea what it is at the bottom yoke. Possibly 58 like several other Ducatis, but not sure about that.

Can anyone confirm the outer fork leg diameters at the bottom yoke clamp?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts