Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

241 - 246 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Guys, I picked mine up 2 weeks ago and I'm already close to my 1000km/600mile service.

All I can tell those waiting still is that the bike is worth it, and will exceed your expectations - which are already high, I'm sure.

Be prepared for sore cheek muscles from all the smiling.

Mine is the yellow, and after my buddy Steve took a test ride, he picked up the red one two days later. They're calling us "Mustard and Ketchup brothers" now.

PS: Moto Europa in St. Louis has/had some canceled pre-orders and have one or two Icons IN-STOCK and ready for pickup.

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts
I like the mustard and ketchup nickname. Cute.

Are you guys gonna make any changes to your bikes? Make them your own with some different mods?

No problems with the bike so far I take it?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I picked my red Icon up yesterday afternoon. I took the back roads home, about 50 miles of mixed light city, winding country, and straight country highway roads. Once I got home I spent some time going through it and then went and met a friend for a nice late night ride through some twisty residential roads. All said I have 80 miles on it now.

The fit and finish on the production bikes are as they should be for a Ducati. I was a bit concerned after seeing the pre-production bike at the bike show, but they cleaned everything up nicely.

I'm 5' 11" and the ergos work well for me. I'm not sure if I'd prefer the lower bars or not. When sitting on it in the showroom I immediately thought I would, but once you're in the wind they felt good where they were. The seat is firm, but comfortable for me. It lets me move around as needed.

I don't have any trouble with false neutrals. The throttle is pretty snatchy. If the power delivery is 0-100, it goes from 0 to 5 or 5 to 0 abruptly. I also got a number of hiccups when blipping the throttle on downdshifts. Hopefully some of that irons itself out as it breaks in.

I do see what people say about the front end being harsh on high-speed compression. I'm going to play with tire pressures a bit as suggested here.

I like the contrast between the aluminum side panels and the red better than on the yellow. I removed all of the frame stickers and placed them in the storage box under the seat. They come right off cleanly. I also removed the front reflectors and the evap canister. I'd like to do something with the rear license plate. I kind of like the hugger, but the plate mount with all of the reflectors is pretty large. Otherwise I like the look and probably won't mess with it more than that.

Overall, the bike is what I hoped it would be. All of my bikes are either sport bikes or motocrossers. On those you're always in attack mode. On the ride home I found myself noticing the smell of guys burning leaves, hearing the birds chirping, feeling the temperature shift as I got closer to Lake Michigan, and thinking about how the tank shape reminded me of my first dirtbike, a '70s Indian 80cc dirt bike that my mom and dad surprised me with from a garage sale almost exactly 30 years ago. The Scrambler brings you the simple joy of being in the wind and enjoying the ride, and that's a great thing.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Picking up red Icon tomorrow...woo hoo! guessing it's among the first in the Boston area
hey, be I the lookout for another red icon. My cousin in Somerville just picked one up in Kentucky and trailered it in for free. His buddy was moving and had space in his uhaul so he got it shipped for free. I'm a little annoyed at him that he gets 500bux to spend at the dealership in credit for purchasing it there. My dealer has bagels and cream cheese on Saturdays. So if I ride 14 miles to the dealership every Saturday, it will take me only 2.5 years to get my 500 dollars worth out of the bagels and cheese if I consume 2 while I am there. If only they had strawberry cream cheese...;)

241 - 246 of 246 Posts