Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

201 - 220 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Well it's home. (Red Icon), first sold by my dealer. Started raining hard so I parked it after 48 miles. It was born 20/02/15. Number 000875. No neutral problems but stock exhaust is way to quiet and the seat is pretty hard. Dealer only has stickers! Sergeant Seats is across the street from my work and as they've probably never seen one, they might make a deal on mine for future work.
I had the race termi installed yesterday. I just wanted to point out that even without the baffle removed, the exhaust is now a lot louder than stock. It's a little early to say for sure, but if I had it to do over again, I might have gone with the termi shotgun exhaust instead.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Got mine! Just got back from Ducati Seattle, rode 65 miles and loved every minute, well except the last ten in the rain. It is nimble and very responsive. Brakes are very good. Being used to mostly dirt bikes, the Scrambler felt very twitchy at first but after a couple miles I was used to it and it is actually very smooth. My right foot does seem to want to hit the exhaust from time to time, but it is easy enough to adjust. Picked up the Scrambler Tank Bag and it works very good. It is overpriced in my opinion, but it is a custom fit and is waterproof so what the **** right?

Anyway, I love it so far and will post more observations once the weather is better.

Attachments

·
Registered
447 Posts
Got mine! Just got back from Ducati Seattle, rode 65 miles and loved every minute, well except the last ten in the rain. It is nimble and very responsive. Brakes are very good. Being used to mostly dirt bikes, the Scrambler felt very twitchy at first but after a couple miles I was used to it and it is actually very smooth. My right foot does seem to want to hit the exhaust from time to time, but it is easy enough to adjust. Picked up the Scrambler Tank Bag and it works very good. It is overpriced in my opinion, but it is a custom fit and is waterproof so what the **** right?

Anyway, I love it so far and will post more observations once the weather is better.
Congrats MotoChief.

After the long wait we've had, it's great to see all these new American scrambler owners.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Congrats MotoChief.

After the long wait we've had, it's great to see all these new American scrambler owners.

I was #1 on the Seattle waiting list, put deposit on October 9th, and they told me that they have taken more pre-orders than any other dealer in the country. They say they have over 50 people waiting for them here.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I was #1 on the Seattle waiting list, put deposit on October 9th, and they told me that they have taken more pre-orders than any other dealer in the country. They say they have over 50 people waiting for them here.
I'm on that list! I didn't put my deposit down until February so not sure how long it'll actually take. They keep saying "May" but that's in a few days! I can't remember but I think I was supposedly around 10th in line. He told me i'd know for certain mine is coming about a week prior when they get the tracking number since they are unloaded in NJ and shipped via UPS here to Seattle.

I keep lurking the forum here hoping to see posts from Seattle folks, so appreciate the information!

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Well it's home. (Red Icon), first sold by my dealer. Started raining hard so I parked it after 48 miles. It was born 20/02/15. Number 000875. No neutral problems but stock exhaust is way to quiet and the seat is pretty hard. Dealer only has stickers! Sergeant Seats is across the street from my work and as they've probably never seen one, they might make a deal on mine for future work.

How do you know when it was "born"?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts

I'm betting Sargent will. But if they won't, ring up Seat Concepts; they've said they'll have a seat kit quick as they have a pan to use as a pattern. Congrats on the bike!

Sarah
Seat Concepts

·
Registered
159 Posts
@baimo, do you have a way to do a higher quality sound recording of that high exhaust system? The bike looks good with the black side panels.
I will try and capture video from my phone next time I have it out. I just got back from my second day with it and like it more than I did yesterday :) Tomorrow I am back to work.

I adjusted the clutch lever in as there was too much play before it would engage. Now it is just right.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yep, been too busy riding and smiling to post... picked mine up on a rainy Saturday, but yesterday and today have been blue skies and fun.

All I can add is it's worth the wait, and you won't be disappointed.

PS: saw the tank stripe at the dealer, looks good... breaks up the sea of yellow a bit ;-)

·
Registered
412 Posts
I just took delivery of the first Scrambler in Minnesota! Woohoo! :D

All I had time to do was pick it up and ride home from the dealer, but it's fantastic! I didn't find the throttle twitchy at all, but it's sensitive and quick. Brakes are excellent. Stock exhaust sounds better than I was expecting from videos, but I have a Termi in hand ready to install. Roads in my area are all very smooth, so no thoughts on the suspension yet.

I'm in love after just riding home. :x

201 - 220 of 246 Posts