Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
pure, it is a better riding position, it will help the knees. I took my stock seat in today to get re-done, see what happens when I get it back

·
Registered
108 Posts
People feel what they feel. I might have been prepped for the Ducati seat by my DRZ400 seats -- I have an S and an E. At 950 kms, I find the Ducati Classic seat pretty much ok. And at age 72, some of my nerve endings may no long be firing... :laugh:

·
Registered
644 Posts
@PeteI, did I see you mention that your bike is at Corbin right now? If so, what sort of seat are you having them create? I sent them a long email last week with photos of what I wanted and got a reply worse than a Craigslist Ad for a 3000 dollar Porsche 956:
Hey, Silver! They are borrowing my bike for 30 days until the 24th. I rode up to MOnterey and they enclosed trailered it in to Hollister where they are located. They are creating a seat to my specs when I land on the 24th. I am using a severly antiqued blk leather with cream colored stitching in a quilt style pattern very similar to the existing classic. I am not having piping though. it wear out no matter what material one uses. Interior is going to be full gel that is heat resisting. Gel tends to get hot but supoosedly not this one they are using. That's about it. They said its about a 700-800 dollar value. So, I went for it. The cool part is, I made it part of my trip with my family and after MOnterey we continued on to Northern Cali, Oregon Washington, Idaho and a small piece of MOntana! We are on our way back now. 18 days that I didn't have to miss my scrambler as I was occupied. It worked out. Fluing up and riding back on the 24th down HWY 1 along the coast of California. Typicl ride is around 7 hours but when I get my bike back at noon, I plan to ride down through the best parts and dice over to Solvang, a little town that loks straight out of the Alps with more than a few dozen authemtic coffeehouses and bakeries. So Ill be nice and fat and will need to sell both of my Dianese's when I get back home-haha

·
Scrambler DIY Guru
979 Posts
So does this mean that you're the guinea pig they need to start cranking out gunfighter seats? Because I really want one on my bike!

This is the seat from my Kawasaki precariously placed on top of the Ducati.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts