Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Took another look

5K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  idaka 
#1 · (Edited)
Not being able to have a ride on the Scrambler just yet (deposit is down none the less) I wanted to check a few things out so popped to On Yer Bike in Aylesbury yesterday. I wanted to see the bike against many other bikes I had thought of and On Yer Bike deal in Kawasaki, Yamaha, Aprillia and of course Ducati so they have an extensive showroom.

So I sat on the bike again and felt the bars though high would suit my damaged elbow better than the bars from the Full Throttle so I wont be changing those. I had thought to get the handlebar brace but could see it would clash with my satnav which I like to mount using a replacement handlebar bolt so thats of the list too. I dont want a tank bag but need some sort of storage as losing the fake storage tank of the NC700S (swallows up my helmet!) will hurt. For day hooning around my Kriega US5 is enough and it fits perfectly on rear seat where it will stay mounted permanently (yes I did take the bag to try). I just could not believe how perfect the ergonomics are for me and how light the bike feels. I like how the foot pegs are set a lil further back and do not interfere with you legs when sitting on bike and rolling it back and forward. The NC has poorly located pegs in that respect.....

So I must have walked around the showroom 5 times admiring all sorts of bikes but each time i set eyes on the scrambler I just felt a warm glow in my heart (or was it a tingle in my groin) and new I have made the right decision for me. It is just so simple and minimal against the larger naked bikes with plastic all over. I can see how some would consider it mad getting the scrambler over many of the bikes in a similar price range. Thats ok as it lights my fire and I am not out to light theirs :)

Roll on May. Its a long way off but the test ride and much daily search for new aftermarket accessories will keep me sane. I must say I am totally smitten and the wifey has to share my heart with another :)

Just one thing, ask your dealer to leave the Datag sticker for you to apply as you dont want it on the tank as looks sh*t

See less See more
#2 ·
I have Just 2 weeks TODAY and I will have the Icon at home. It does feel just right riding them. Its all simple and there for you in a minimalist way.

Its a Galuzzi monster dream reborn.

All you need is a frame an engine some bars a tank and wheels. That's why I now prefer this to my monster as they have grown into superbikes which is not a bad thing and yes I would still have one again but want simplicity for the moment.

#14 ·
..and the real cool,smart guys wear black-FT! :D>:D
Yellow banana............:D:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.