Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'm guessing you didn't ride them until they where down to minimum thread depth. Or you just decided to change the tyres a bit early?

I've got maybe 6200 miles which is almost 10000 km and I think I'll still manage about 1000 miles on top. Though 70% of those miles have been done in London so max 50mph (80 kmh).
Had only about 500kms left at the back and the ride was getting progressively worse, add in the fact that I don't like riding a tyre till I can see the carcass, it was the right time.
I have ridden exclusively on road and would not consider myself a nutter by any means.
The Mt60 is just a tyre that uses up quickly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi ALL - is there an updated list of best tires for the Sixty2? Once I am done with the OEM set I would like to consider a more California street road kind set of tires: not planning to go off road too much ... Thank you all!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys, Scrambler 800, had a couple of years and using rear tyres every 3000 miles and fronts every 6000. All road as I dont do off road. My Vstrom 1000 gets 12k rear and 15k front on PR 4s. I guess the MT60s are soft and it certainly is not lacking in grip on my "test" bends so what will give better miles without loss of grip ?

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Scrambler Classic
3 Posts
2,500 miles and there's maybe 500 miles left on the rear. Scottish roads are very abrasive. I'll probably go for Pilot Roads. If they can over 6,000 on the rear of my MTS1200 I'm sure they'll last even longer on the Scrambler.
Hi Derek, I was wondering, did you fit the Michelin pilot 3s to your scrambler classic? if so how did these work out for you? I ask as Im gonna need to get tyres soon and am tempted to go the way you suggest, thanks
Victor :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hi Derek, I was wondering, did you fit the Michelin pilot 3s to your scrambler classic? if so how did these work out for you? I ask as Im gonna need to get tyres soon and am tempted to go the way you suggest, thanks
Victor :)
After the MT08s I fitted Avon Storm 3D XMs. The rear lasted 6,380 miles and the front is about to be changed after 6,800 miles. The Avons were good in the dry but I could spin up the rear in the wet which was a bit worrying. I've had a Road 4 on the rear for the last 3,000 miles. It is wearing well and grip is excellent wet and dry. I have a Road 3 ready to go on the front. Unfortunately Michelin haven't made a 110/80 ZR18 fitment in either Road 4, 5 or 6 versions.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts