Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well exhaust pipes without cat are not road legal in Europe but in some countries they do apply the law (in France if it is not too noisy you will not have trouble with the police, same in Belgium or Spain).
For the tyres, I think the question was it is was homologated with spoked wheels. Of course not without tube (and it is strange that it could be homologated with tube as it is written "tubeless" on all of them).
What is important is the speed and load indexes. The Pirelli RS60 are not homologated for bikes with speed index higher than H (at least for the front tyre, the rear one exists in W I think)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well exhaust pipes without cat are not road legal in Europe but in some countries they do apply the law (in France if it is not too noisy you will not have trouble with the police, same in Belgium or Spain).
For the tyres, I think the question was it is was homologated with spoked wheels. Of course not without tube (and it is strange that it could be homologated with tube as it is written "tubeless" on all of them).
What is important is the speed and load indexes. The Pirelli RS60 are not homologated for bikes with speed index higher than H (at least for the front tyre, the rear one exists in W I think)
I just find the whole scenario infinitely interesting. Here, as long as the tire fits and is a proper front and rear, any shop will throw it on for you.

I googled "German motorcycle regulations" out of curiosity and found where each and every mod (including something like a double bubble windscreen) has to be TUV inspected and/or come with a certification card from the manufacturer and any performance mods that put the power at more than 5+% over stock require individual certification? That's just too much for me. I guess I'm more American than I thought.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just as a note I have contacted Ducati (Richmond BC) inquiring about the Continental TKC-80 120/90-18 S-Rated
They mentioned this tire is not appropriate for the Scrambler given its dimension and WILL affect the behaviour of the ABS.
I am still trying to find something suitable as a replacement for the TKC80 TL for the front tire...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just as a note I have contacted Ducati (Richmond BC) inquiring about the Continental TKC-80 120/90-18 S-Rated
They mentioned this tire is not appropriate for the Scrambler given its dimension and WILL affect the behaviour of the ABS.
I am still trying to find something suitable as a replacement for the TKC80 TL for the front tire...
The 110/80 will not do?

·
Registered
11 Posts
...well it would do but it is a TT tire not a TL. the Scrambler FT uses TL tires. According to Ducati, and I am quoting them here: If one wants to use TT (TKC80 110/80-18 sold in Europe (not in North America) he/she will need BOTH tires to be TT. Then, I tried finding the TKC80 180/55-17 in TT configuration and it does not exist!!! Also, he also said to be sure they are both Radial or Bias Ply...
I am not an expert in tires and in fact a beginner rider...but I am doing my research on tires for off-road and inconsistent answers, hence my contact with the Ducati (local dealer)...who is helping on this configuration

·
Registered
323 Posts
250 km with the Pirelli Angel today, what can I say? absolutely brilliant!
Roll very easily, way better on the road where I spend like 99% of my time and very quiet. Cornering is even sharper and you hardly have to do anything, the bike does it all alone more or less.
Cant speak for wet but judging from tests there should not be much to worry about, I´m hoping that they get better meilage though.

·
Registered
58 Posts
...well it would do but it is a TT tire not a TL. the Scrambler FT uses TL tires. According to Ducati, and I am quoting them here: If one wants to use TT (TKC80 110/80-18 sold in Europe (not in North America) he/she will need BOTH tires to be TT. Then, I tried finding the TKC80 180/55-17 in TT configuration and it does not exist!!! Also, he also said to be sure they are both Radial or Bias Ply...
I am not an expert in tires and in fact a beginner rider...but I am doing my research on tires for off-road and inconsistent answers, hence my contact with the Ducati (local dealer)...who is helping on this configuration
Using a tubeless tire with a tube will not pose an issue, it is the other way around that you will have an issue.

·
Registered
285 Posts
2,500 miles and there's maybe 500 miles left on the rear. Scottish roads are very abrasive. I'll probably go for Pilot Roads. If they can over 6,000 on the rear of my MTS1200 I'm sure they'll last even longer on the Scrambler.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts