Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
umm...ok:|[/QUOTE

Just in case you were wondering I wasnt having a go at people from California its just an example. Tyres are very much down to your style of riding and when and where you ride. I loved Michelin tyres and I was recommended PR 3s to replace my shot PR2 on my last bike, I hated them and two friends of mine thought they were the second coming, if fact I dont think I ever saw a bad report on them.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have only seen 2 reifen pairs in addition to the MT 60s, Metzeler Z8 and Pirelli Angels, I think its only a matter of time though until the other manufacturers have something ready. The Scrambler is under the top 10 best selling bikes in Germany alone in 2015, Italy was no different.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm currently running Angel GTs and they are just fantastic, however, when they're gone, I'm hoping that Pirelli's new Phantom re-boot will be available. (The rear is do-able, but the front is still not available in the correct size) They look just perfect, and takes me back to the tyres to have from my formative days

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I'm currently running Angel GTs and they are just fantastic, however, when they're gone, I'm hoping that Pirelli's new Phantom re-boot will be available. (The rear is do-able, but the front is still not available in the correct size) They look just perfect, and takes me back to the tyres to have from my formative days

If you don't mind me asking, how do you think the mileage is likely to be on the Angel GTs, and roughly how many miles did you get out of the original tyres? I'm thinking about the Angel GTs myself when the times comes, but I'd rather not have to fork out on a set of tyres a year if possible.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Jet, Hi,
I'm afraid I'm unable to comment on the original tyres, as I had the GTs fitted from new, (I'm an old f*rt who thinks knobblies should be narrow, and fitted to an MX bike!) however, after 1600 miles, the GTs are only just beginning to show any signs of wear (rear). My guess is that they may be good for another three or four thousand, which is fine in my book (no guarantees 'though...)

Cheers

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was really considering those Shinko tires!, Im kinda waiting for someone else to do it first so I can see what their review is. I think they would look amazing. the measurement of the tires or VERY close to the Pirelli.

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I went with Michelin Pilot road 3 in front and a pilot road 4 in the rear. I don't go off road. The bike likes the tires.

·
Registered
17 Posts
A deeper look into the document revealed, that the approval is only valid for the alloy wheels, not for the spoked ones!!!
I apologize in advance, but I just have to ask: What the **** is going on in Germany? I'm familiar with euro vs. U.S. versions and how the regulations can vary and determine equipment. However, before reading up on these forums I had never known Germany was so strict on so many fronts.

I saw where most people here were looking for exhaust for German bikes and were required to have a catalytic converter, and now each and every tire AND wheel combination must be approved by the state?

My wife has lived 2 nonconsecutive years in Germany and is a German teacher here in the U.S. We've talked about living in Germany, even if for a short time, but now I'm thinking I'd be better off in Belgium. (I like their beer, food, and cycling races better anyhow)

21 - 40 of 67 Posts