Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Scrambler DIY Guru
979 Posts
I emailed the company and never heard back from them, so I haven't bought one. That said, the beast has tamed me. I've developed better throttle control out of necessity. I've changed the way I ride to be more deliberate (and relaxed) throttle hand. It's hard to explain, but now when I make left turns or go over railroad tracks there's a lot less of this

· Registered
58 Posts
I installed one, from what I understand the 40-4X-2STR is the correct tube for our models at least that is what support said. Upon first installing it and going on a test ride I wasn't pleased. The tube shifted from side to side and any benefit it might have had was ruined by the whole thing rattling from side to side as I rode or put pressure on the grip. It made it more difficult to control. I was able to fix this by butting my bar end mirror as far as possible against the edge of the tube so it doesn't move side to side. After doing that i'm pretty happy and think it has actually made a difference. Seems more controllable now, less abrupt throttle response.

I attached a photo of the gap, I think this model may not be the correct tube for the scrambler and the raised portion to the left of the grip should be on the inside to prevent the tube from shifting from side to side.

Attachments

· Registered
185 Posts
Just fitted mine and have no gap?
However I had loads of free play on the throttle cable that had to be taken out on the throttle body as the normal adjuster was maxed out. This was not easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
717 Posts
My bike came with a built in throttle tamer. I call it a multi-plate wet clutch.

All kidding aside though, I think it just does not bother now that I am used to it and since I am used to using the clutch on dirtbikes so much. Really, I think ya just need to use the clutch more than what you are used to with other street bikes.

· Registered
29 Posts
waiting on a G2 Throttle Tamer, should have it installed by next weekend, I will post my impressions after a thorough ride, hoping to eliminate some of the nasty low speed feedback I get on the rough roads I ride, I'm anything but smooth riding these type of roads.

· Registered
29 Posts
waiting on a G2 Throttle Tamer, should have it installed by next weekend, I will post my impressions after a thorough ride, hoping to eliminate some of the nasty low speed feedback I get on the rough roads I ride, I'm anything but smooth riding these type of roads.
I have put on 50 kms with the G2 throttle tamer and am impressed, certainly achieved what I wanted, I recommend for those who felt the throttle was too touchy.

· Registered
12 Posts
I installed the G2 throttle tamer as I am a new rider and the stock throttle scarred me a few times. I needed to build my confidence in riding without being scared. I am very happy with the performance of the G2 tamer. Eventually when I get some riding behind me, I may change back to the stock one, but until then I am loving the performance of the bike with the tamer on.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.