Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.... and it is the fact that tomorrow will be 3 months and still I have no idea when I will see it! I blame the Ducati order system for its inability to allow someone to find the progress of an order from the moment the order is placed.

My mate picked up his new MS 1200S at weekend and would have been brilliant to have rode around with him on my invisible machine......

I will call dealer Friday to see if anything showing on the system, until then please will the owners of red Icons keep on posting your pics as it helps a lil ;)

·
Registered
311 Posts
.... and it is the fact that tomorrow will be 3 months and still I have no idea when I will see it! I blame the Ducati order system for its inability to allow someone to find the progress of an order from the moment the order is placed.

My mate picked up his new MS 1200S at weekend and would have been brilliant to have rode around with him on my invisible machine......

I will call dealer Friday to see if anything showing on the system, until then please will the owners of red Icons keep on posting your pics as it helps a lil ;)
I'm amazed that you are having to wait so long for an Icon in the UK?! :( But meanwhile, if it helps, here's mine from Monday ..

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yay a pic, cheers and bike looking real good. A lot of dealers pre order bikes and allocate the order on a first come first served basis which can explain how some orders are fulfilled in as lil as 3 weeks or so .... hope I see it this side of 2015...

·
Registered
16 Posts

Sorry to hear about your bike taking so long to get delivered. I hope you get it pretty soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts

Here you go bud.

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts

I pick up my Classic tomorrow, 6 months since I put the deposit down. As I understand it, once the order is placed the dealer hears no more from Ducati until the bike is being built, at which time they get invoiced. The next notification, about 2 weeks or so later will be from the carrier who delivers the bikes to tell them that delivery is imminent. In my case I got a call from the dealer on Friday to tell me that the bike was being delivered on Saturday. They are closed on Monday so it was being PDI'd today to be ready for tomorrow. :)

·
Registered
628 Posts
Dont despair Tony. Patience has its rewards. If it makes you feel any better, I'm in the same boat as you (albeit in a different continent). I started my quest with a Classic but was told no commitments for a delivery this year :-0, then I said okay I'll settle for the Red Icon, was told, sorry only yellow Icons in the first batch, Red will be delivered in H2 of this year, so grudgingly I paid the deposit for a yellow Icon. Only recently I heard that there is a faint glimmer of hope that I might get the only red Icon in my country's first batch, allocated to me. Fingers crossed and hoping for the best, but mentally prepared for the yellow one!

In the meanwhile, for your viewing pleasure, here is a photo review from a local forum I frequent, about the first test ride of a Red Icon in Dubai.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dont despair Tony. Patience has its rewards. If it makes you feel any better, I'm in the same boat as you (albeit in a different continent). I started my quest with a Classic but was told no commitments for a delivery this year :-0, then I said okay I'll settle for the Red Icon, was told, sorry only yellow Icons in the first batch, Red will be delivered in H2 of this year, so grudgingly I paid the deposit for a yellow Icon. Only recently I heard that there is a faint glimmer of hope that I might get the only red Icon in my country's first batch, allocated to me. Fingers crossed and hoping for the best, but mentally prepared for the yellow one!

In the meanwhile, for your viewing pleasure, here is a photo review from a local forum I frequent, about the first test ride of a Red Icon in Dubai.
Heres hoping you do get the red one but the yellow still a great looking machine if thats the way it goes

·
Registered
96 Posts

You are not alone TC3! I have ordered the same Red Icon here in Rome, with a promise to have it in 3 weeks, and after six weeks it's not arrived, yet. Apparently, according to the dealer (who in Rome is a direct Ducati branch) the demand for the scrambler is way beyond the initial planning, so they cannot keep up with the production.
And it seems that now they are giving priority to the exports, so we have to wait, even though the bike is built 300km from here.

The good news for me is that, after I complained about the excessive delay, they lent me a Red Icon until I get my bike, so I hope it so not too long!
I love the bike, except the suspension, the rear is really harsh, I think the first mod will be a full suspension package with the Ohlins shock.

Be patient!
Gianluca

·
Registered
519 Posts
I pick up my Classic tomorrow, 6 months since I put the deposit down. As I understand it, once the order is placed the dealer hears no more from Ducati until the bike is being built, at which time they get invoiced. The next notification, about 2 weeks or so later will be from the carrier who delivers the bikes to tell them that delivery is imminent. In my case I got a call from the dealer on Friday to tell me that the bike was being delivered on Saturday. They are closed on Monday so it was being PDI'd today to be ready for tomorrow. :)
Pleased for you Derek, just be aware of the trying to find neutral saga hope you do not have this issue.

Will

·
Registered
519 Posts

Tony,

Where in Stevenage do you live as we can always organise a red Icon fly by!!! >:D

Will

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.