Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a picture of the display and it looks like It might tell you when you receive a phone call or a massage. It also has a map icon and little arrows for turn indications, i really hope it's true. http://instagram.com/p/t5bTcSCjX2/

·
Registered
449 Posts
I saw a picture of the display and it looks like It might tell you when you receive a phone call or a massage. It also has a map icon and little arrows for turn indications, i really hope it's true. Instagram
Good find, I must admit I haven't been paying much attention to the instruments. I'm too caught up with the hardbody;) ahahaaa fap fappity fap ;)

·
Registered
164 Posts
The phone and SMS indicators are cool. But - aren't the arrows at the top just turn signal indicators? I see where it says Map. Is that GPS or engine map? Will it even have more than one engine map?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The phone and SMS indicators are cool. But - aren't the arrows at the top just turn signal indicators? I see where it says Map. Is that GPS or engine map? Will it even have more than one engine map?
Check on the left picture on the left aide there is a little arrow the ones on the top are for signal lights

·
Registered
164 Posts
I see that one, but no corresponding arrow for right. I'm not sure what that ine indicates, but it would seem to be related to the phone call icon.

I am curious now this will work. It seems that knowing that you've missed calls and texts would be pretty distracting. It might be cool if there was some basic control of the phone functions to work with a Bluetooth headset. I notice that there is an icon indicating that the phone is connected.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Linkie no workie

·
Registered
628 Posts
I saw a picture of the display and it looks like It might tell you when you receive a phone call or a massage.
Just because it is made in Thailand doesn't mean that the bike cares if one received a massage or not!

>:D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Blanked off bluetooth

I had a look at the wiring diagram yesterday. It shows a Bluetooth module!
I don't think though that this exists on the bike but there is probably a connector to add it as a future upgrade.
Underneath the USB socket there's a blanked off 4-way connector. I can't imagine what use a bluetooth connection would serve though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I took a look at it briefly at a friend's house, it seems only the 5v/GND lines on the USB connector are connected. So no-go there.

I saw a Bluetooth icon though, I'm really wondering what that's all about... there's no hardware I noticed (in the 5 minutes I looked over the diagram, without a magnifying glass I might add) that indicates the bike is BT-enabled. Also, my phone didn't detect anything when I checked.... then again, my phone isn't BT-LE 4.0 so it wouldn't see the bike if that was BT-LE.

I STRONGLY susspect Bluetooth has something to do with the DDS diagnostic system. The DDS Map-Key they DRM your ECU with (Keurig 2.0) needs to be plugged into the bike's DDA port, so logically following, the DDS must use another method to connect at the same time. Maybe there's some "secret service button combo" that enables that functionality.

·
Registered
628 Posts
The Scrambler service manual's key to the wiring diagram page has references to a Bluetooth module. But for the life of me, I couldn't find any further info. in the colour coded wiring diagrams for each section of the bike in the rest of 800 odd pages in the manual. Maybe @silverluxe can help me find it?

ScramblerWiringDiagram.png

·
Scrambler DIY Guru
979 Posts
It appears that the wiring diagram is missing from the service manual we have.

Do any of you that own the bike and have the loose leaf wiring diagram want to scan it and upload it somewhere? (as large as possible, say 1200 DPI?)

·
Registered
281 Posts
From the new DVT Multistrada owner's manual -

"Bluetooth device setting. This function can be activated only if the Ducati Multimedia System (DMS) and the Bluetooth control unit are available: for this model the Bluetooth control unit can be purchased at a Ducati Dealer or Authorized Service Center."

...and...

"Infotainment
Multistrada 1200 can fit the Ducati Multimedia System (DMS) only when the Bluetooth control unit is available; thanks to the DMS system the user can answer phone calls, select and listen to music tracks, and receive SMS notifications by means of the Bluetooth technology. In this model, the Bluetooth control unit can be purchased by a Ducati Dealer or Authorized Service Center. The instrument panel displays the Infotainment function status: Bluetooth activation and any connected devices (smartphone, earphones, navigator)."​

This appears to be an option which must have been considered for the Scrambler but hasn't as yet been offered, although the wiring seems to have been done with the upgrade in mind.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts