Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Ducati CEO Claudio Domenicali has just introduced to the world two brand new additions to the Scrambler family.

Although perhaps brand new is stretching the term slightly.

Ducati brings to us a special Scrambler honouring Troy Bayliss' time spent campaigning a Flat Track Scrambler in AMA Mile events this year. Mostly the Flat Track Pro Scrambler is a cosmetic package added to FT Scramblers.

Ducati has taken your FT and given it a new racing two-tone yellow coat of paint, the seat has been reworked for single riders only. It also gets a number plate, short mudguard and wheel rim piping.

One of the finer points of the Scrambler FTP are the machined-from-solid components, including footrests, sprocket cover, rear-view mirrors and front brake fluid filler cap.

Ducati Scrambler Flat Track Pro

Colours
  • “Racing Yellow” with black frame and black seat with yellow stitching
Features
  • Steel teardrop fuel tank with dedicated design and colour
  • Low type-approved Termignoni Slip-on
  • Low tapered handlebars
  • Front brake fluid filler cap in billet aluminium
  • Dedicated seat
  • Nose fairing
  • Rear plate holders
  • Footpegs in billet aluminium
  • Rear-view mirrors in billet aluminium
  • Dedicated grips
  • Short front mudguard
  • Rear indicators support
  • Alloy wheels with yellow piping on rim

Next up is the Scrambler Sixty2, a bike designed to target the entry-level market (even though Ducati avoids the words entry-level like serious sickness). Ducati claims the Sixty2 has been inspired by California street culture- skateboards, food, music and art.

Giving the Sixty2 it's own unique look are three new paints: Atomic Tangerine, Ocean Grey and Shining Black; which work in conjunction with the slimmer steel tank and new graphics to make the Sixty2 instantly recognizable (so says Ducati).

Notably the Sixty2 will offer ABS standard.

Ducati Scrambler Sixty2

Colours
  • “Atomic Tangerine” with black frame and black seat
  • “Ocean Grey” with black frame and black seat
  • “Shining Black” with black frame and black seat
Features
  • Steel teardrop fuel tank with dedicated design
  • Dedicated adhesive logo
  • Traditional stanchion fork
  • Newly designed front mudguard
  • Classically designed steel swingarm
  • Exhaust with all-new pipe layout and black silencer cover
  • Rear wheel with 160/60 x 17’’ tyre
  • Round rear view mirrors
  • High plate holder
  • 2-channel ABS as standard

·
Registered
35 Posts
The 400 is Almost same price and weight as the Icon... I guess that in the long run, it's better to go with the 800. There's only 200$/year difference on the licence plate between a 400cc and 800cc here.... Any other clues on why choose the 400 over the 800?

·
Registered
292 Posts
The 400 is Almost same price and weight as the Icon... I guess that in the long run, it's better to go with the 800. There's only 200$/year difference on the licence plate between a 400cc and 800cc here.... Any other clues on why choose the 400 over the 800?
I suppose for countries like mine the km per mileage is better, more km per liter or gallon

·
Registered
181 Posts
I would like the 800cc plus the new 400cc = 1200cc aircooled engine.:DD

·
Registered
206 Posts
I envision the sales of the 400cc will rock Asia. The beefy profit margins on the 400cc will also make Ducati very happy.

Sales in the USA will probably be decent but not explosive, unless they get aggressive with the price.

·
Registered
498 Posts
What is Triumph going to charge for Thruxton and Thruxton R?
I honestly didn't ask about the non-R version, but the R is $14.5k. A bit spendy, but it's right in the same ballpark as the BMW R Nine T which is another bike I've had my eye on. I think the Triumph is better looking though and will probably be more fun to ride.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I honestly didn't ask about the non-R version, but the R is $14.5k. A bit spendy, but it's right in the same ballpark as the BMW R Nine T which is another bike I've had my eye on. I think the Triumph is better looking though and will probably be more fun to ride.
I am thinking my next bike will be the Thruxton R. I can only afford one bike right now so I will enjoy the Scrambler for a few years and monitor the R to see if it has any problems/etc. Thank you for letting me know.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would like the 800cc plus the new 400cc = 1200cc aircooled engine.:DD
Claudio Domenicali did say there was another Scrambler model still due. I cannot remember when he said it would be announced, but I'm guessing in early part of next year. I cannot see such an announcement being made for just another colour scheme of the existing models. Does this mean another capacity Scrambler is due?

There is of course an 1100 air-cooled lump that could be used by perhaps re-tuning not for max. power and hence get it past the emissions regulations. Still be a great unit for a Scrambler, if they can keep all else the same, i.e. same ergos, same size etc.

I cannot justify a desire for an 1100 Scrambler as when riding the 800 I never once thought I needed more power, but the idea of an 1100 is even more appealing.

All speculation of course, maybe there's a 125 on its way, or it is indeed just another colour scheme, but I've got my fingers crossed for an 1100. We'll just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Claudio Domenicali did say there was another Scrambler model still due. I cannot remember when he said it would be announced, but I'm guessing in early part of next year. I cannot see such an announcement being made for just another colour scheme of the existing models. Does this mean another capacity Scrambler is due?

There is of course an 1100 air-cooled lump that could be used by perhaps re-tuning not for max. power and hence get it past the emissions regulations. Still be a great unit for a Scrambler, if they can keep all else the same, i.e. same ergos, same size etc.

I cannot justify a desire for an 1100 Scrambler as when riding the 800 I never once thought I needed more power, but the idea of an 1100 is even more appealing.

All speculation of course, maybe there's a 125 on its way, or it is indeed just another colour scheme, but I've got my fingers crossed for an 1100. We'll just have to wait and see.
December 5th it's the date

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ducati Scrambler Desert Sled

Got a chance to look at the Desert Sled up close and personal EICMA this past weekend.

The extra weight comes from the beefed-up frame and swing arm, 46 mm USD adjustable front forks, and 19" front wheel.

Check out my pictures here: Ducati Scrambler Desert Sled.

Also comes in red.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts