Ducati CEO Claudio Domenicali has just introduced to the world two brand new additions to the Scrambler family.
Although perhaps brand new is stretching the term slightly.
Ducati brings to us a special Scrambler honouring Troy Bayliss' time spent campaigning a Flat Track Scrambler in AMA Mile events this year. Mostly the Flat Track Pro Scrambler is a cosmetic package added to FT Scramblers.
Ducati has taken your FT and given it a new racing two-tone yellow coat of paint, the seat has been reworked for single riders only. It also gets a number plate, short mudguard and wheel rim piping.
One of the finer points of the Scrambler FTP are the machined-from-solid components, including footrests, sprocket cover, rear-view mirrors and front brake fluid filler cap.
Ducati Scrambler Flat Track Pro
- “Racing Yellow” with black frame and black seat with yellow stitching
- Steel teardrop fuel tank with dedicated design and colour
- Low type-approved Termignoni Slip-on
- Low tapered handlebars
- Front brake fluid filler cap in billet aluminium
- Dedicated seat
- Nose fairing
- Rear plate holders
- Footpegs in billet aluminium
- Rear-view mirrors in billet aluminium
- Dedicated grips
- Short front mudguard
- Rear indicators support
- Alloy wheels with yellow piping on rim
Next up is the Scrambler Sixty2, a bike designed to target the entry-level market (even though Ducati avoids the words entry-level like serious sickness). Ducati claims the Sixty2 has been inspired by California street culture- skateboards, food, music and art.
Giving the Sixty2 it's own unique look are three new paints: Atomic Tangerine, Ocean Grey and Shining Black; which work in conjunction with the slimmer steel tank and new graphics to make the Sixty2 instantly recognizable (so says Ducati).
Notably the Sixty2 will offer ABS standard.
Ducati Scrambler Sixty2
- “Atomic Tangerine” with black frame and black seat
- “Ocean Grey” with black frame and black seat
- “Shining Black” with black frame and black seat
- Steel teardrop fuel tank with dedicated design
- Dedicated adhesive logo
- Traditional stanchion fork
- Newly designed front mudguard
- Classically designed steel swingarm
- Exhaust with all-new pipe layout and black silencer cover
- Rear wheel with 160/60 x 17’’ tyre
- Round rear view mirrors
- High plate holder
- 2-channel ABS as standard