Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
I did last year but I'm in NY. We had a good turn out. If anything it's always good fun to hang out and check out cool bikes.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have participated since 2013. Last year and this year, I host my own ride.

However, this year will be my last; it's becoming to commercial for my taste.

All the best.

·
Scrambler DIY Guru
979 Posts
I've never participated, but we now have a local ride setup (for the past two years.) They raised about 5000 dollars collectively at my local event yesterday.

My reasons for not participating are just personal opinion. I don't like riding in crowds with strangers. I don't like riding devoid of safety gear (suits vs leather jackets with armor.) And I like to donate to causes as directly as possible and try to avoid any middle-men that might be scamming money away from the cause.

Finally, I try not to use my motorcycles as fashion accessories, rather I try to enjoy them personally as machines. Which is a dumb reason since I pretty much try to collect the sort of bikes that show up to events like this.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I understand your concerns. However I strongly recommend for people to come and see the bikes even if you are not participating. Also it is not mandatory to donate in order be part of the event. You will not be disappointed!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have remember since 2013. Last year and this year, I host my own ride.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello from Belfast Northern Ireland.
I collected my new Sixty2 this morning.
Were on the Belfast DGR.
Should be good fun
Get your tweed suit out

Tally ho,

Ride safe chum

1 - 11 of 11 Posts