Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Has anyone had any issues with the law using this exhaust in UK as it is stamped "not for road use"?
Hi Tony,
Not knowing anything about the UK, at all, would the police really look that closely? No offense, I just don't think our police force is that attuned to detail.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Tony,
Not knowing anything about the UK, at all, would the police really look that closely? No offense, I just don't think our police force is that attuned to detail.
Pete to be honest I was more concerned the race use only stamp could void insurance as never been stopped myself in 10 years riding with loud exhausts.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We are more likely to get shot by the police than get a ticket because they think an exhaust is not authorized on a bike. Besides, with all the loud ass Harley's and **** over here, these things pur like kittens in comparison.
My wife comes from Racine and am well aware of the loud Harleys you refer to .... they can wake the dead :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Pete to be honest I was more concerned the race use only stamp could void insurance as never been stopped myself in 10 years riding with loud exhausts.
Yeah, I was thinking about that the other day when I read this on the insurance form I had to sign:

UNACCEPTABLE MOTORCYCLES*:
1. Motorcycles modified for high performance.
It would kinda suck to be held personally responsible for any and all damages in an accident because of an exhaust muffler.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.