Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Writing from Vietnam.

I bought a 2019 Icon with standard bits and bobs.

The previous owner looked after the bike and at 24k on the clock it has had two services at the dealership here and was in great condition for the price.

However since riding it the one thing that annoys me the most is how hard it is to find neutral and the force it needs to just go from 1st to 2nd. The general clunkiness of the gear shift.

I saw some threads that said it is normal or it improves after warming up but is there any other potential issue at play considering it has done a lot of mileage?

Thanks
Bobby

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'd check the cable adjustment first. If that is OK then the clutch may be worn. I replaced mine at 41Kmi.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd check the cable adjustment first. If that is OK then the clutch may be worn. I replaced mine at 41Kmi.

I had the clutch plates replaced a week after i picked it up. They were worn out at 24km, but still the neutral and gear shifts are still sticky. Sometimes I have to release the clutch just to get it into 2nd.

How is the Barnett kitt treating you?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the clutch plates replaced a week after i picked it up. They were worn out at 24km, but still the neutral and gear shifts are still sticky. Sometimes I have to release the clutch just to get it into 2nd.

How is the Barnett kitt treating you?
Close to 1000mi with the Barnett. Working great. I think the OEM clutch always slipped a little when hard in the throttle in 5th and 6th.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Close to 1000mi with the Barnett. Working great. I think the OEM clutch always slipped a little when hard in the throttle in 5th and 6th.
Did a google and the clutch kit is just those round discs. That was the same thing i had replaced and not much improvement.How is getting into neutral for you now?

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you are having probs finding neutral and consider the gearbox stiff to operate...

(I'm assuming here your 2019 bike has the hydraulic clutch, not cable..as shown at 320)

You may wish to bleed the clutch slave cylinder (no harder than bleeding brakes)

Failing that give her a change of oil/filter for the engine using a decent grade of preferably full synthetic motorcycle engine oil.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts