Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 Full Throttle that’s still “new”, only ridden about 350 miles since purchase in fall 2020. I live in Seattle, so I don’t ride after early November - March.
when I went to start the bike up for the first time this year (after using the battery tender to top it up), the bike turned over but immediately a stream of oil started spewing out of what appears to be the oil filter cover. Turned the bike off, then back on, and the same thing happens.
after poking around the forums it sounds like my oil filter is loose, but the manual says nothing except “should be changed by an authorized Ducati dealer”. I am not a gearhead, just an enthusiast. I know nothing about engines, but have had some experience with changing the oil and spark plugs, etc. on my other motorcycle and scooters, prior to that.
How should I proceed? Any advice is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
61 Posts
Hi
Thanks the oil cooler - either you have a hole in it or the problem with the pipes ( hole is my bet) remove the plastic cover to the rear of the cooler ( big black cover in your photo ) and try and start it and look

1 - 7 of 7 Posts