Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Speedo/gauge relocation to center

60K views 51 replies 31 participants last post by  lrowlands53 
#1 ·
A few images floating around where people relocated the speedo to the center of the bars and it looks pretty neat. Anyone here try it? Thinking it will annoy me to have it off to the side and wondering what's required (new/custom bracket) or if the stock one can be moved. Any help from current owners would be appreciated.

See less See more
#2 ·
Watching this thread. I have something similar in mind.

The project will probably need a bracket like this one, provided there is some slack in the connector cable:

#6 ·
Feel like this can/will become a pretty standard "mod". The whole "off to the side" thing looks kinda neat but I've ridden bikes with this configuration (recently, the Yamaha FZ09) and it gets annoying. If there is in fact a bracket required, we could ask someone like Guido from Shift Tech if he can make one and set up a group buy if enough people are interested.

#13 ·
Great Idea! It was on my mind as soon as I saw the Scrambler in the flesh for the 1st time. I'm going through the motions of modifying it on my Red Icon currently and it works and looks very appealing when you change those retro Sissy bars to Protapers and risers to suit. A new brackets is required and the relocation of the harness is a must. Stay tuned I'm just about done. Cheers!

#14 ·
Cool. Good discussion. I've reached out to Shift Tech to see if they'd be interested in making one. Will keep the thread current if/when I hear back.

#20 ·
I was at the local dealer looking at the Icon today looking at how the speedo mounts. The bracket for the gauge is part of the upper handle bar clamp. The key switch mounts to a bracket bolted on the under side of the top fork clamp. Looks like to me to be pretty easy to make new brackets to relocate things. Once my icon is here I'll follow up on the relocation plan.

#23 ·
I have the solution!!

Well here it is guys/girls. This is purely my design - not copied nor stealing any persons ideas. It took me a couple or 5 times to get it right and now I'm happy enough I can show it to the scrambler public. I have had interests from Ducati and small other bike shops around. I have been riding with it on for about 4-6 weeks through the hills, highways, scrub trials and the rough terrain. I find that it's perfectly placed visually very practical when off the beaten track or cruising the highways which I don't really spend alot of the time on. Durabilty wise it's a winner. Let me know if you wish to order one. Happy scrambling everyone!!

Attachments

#34 ·
I've been trying to figure out how to mount a small1/4 fairing on the bike and this might make it possible. The headlight is set much farther back in the forks than a typical bike that none seem like they will work. This solves one part of the problem. With the gage back and down, the windshield will fit. But since the headlight is so far back, you'd have to cut a lot of the fairing away to get around the handlesbars and fit on the forks.

Have to find someone good at photoshop to work up some examples. Most likely just opt for a dart flyscreeen...

#38 ·
Nice option Phil.............;-) I think it will work with a dart screen now that you can run it all the way across just above the headlight using this speedo bracket.......as you know scramblers are personal and the options are endless. Let me know if you want one?

#43 ·
thanks!

on a side note:

I see you are running Pastrana FMX bars (121 height/70 rise).. how is it compared to stock Icon bar?

Is it lower & more forward or just lower?
The Pastrana bars for me are great......they are lower and forward compared to the Icon bars but comfortable as well for long distant travelling which u need. I'am around 6ft tall so I didn't want to change to fat bars as I like to ride through dirt trails and this bar suits the best of both worlds.........:)!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.