Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks!

After one week of making up my mind (after the test ride at Ducati Berlin - thanks again) I went to sign the contract for my red Scrambler Icon today. Wohooo!

Next Wednesday I will go and pick it up. Will report back then :)

Ride safely everyone

Cheers, Joerg

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey!

Thanks for the friendly welcome!

outofthebox: The short waiting period is coincidental: The dealer in Berlin quoted a mid July delivery and did not offer any help with exporting the bike to Switzerland, where I live. The dealership near the Swiss border had a red Icon on display, made a good price and included all the paperwork and four weeks temporary registration necessary for the export to CH. I just had to make up my mind, go there and sign.

Bottom line: I am very happy and excited right now :)

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Boooohooo!

Got a call from the dealership: They sold the same bike twice. I was identified to be the one who pulled the shorter straw. So the bestcase scenatio is that I will not get my bike before mid July. This sucks big time. Apparently there is no way to get me a replacement bike any quicker.

They offered me a FT or an Urban Enduro at shorter notice, but neither (apologies to the FTand UE owners/lovers) of those do I fancy. Dammit! I started to call around to see who has a bike available. I am about to cancel the contract with the current dealership. Very upset!

Cheers, Joerg

· Registered
424 Posts
Boooohooo!

Got a call from the dealership: They sold the same bike twice. I was identified to be the one who pulled the shorter straw. So the bestcase scenatio is that I will not get my bike before mid July. This sucks big time. Apparently there is no way to get me a replacement bike any quicker.

They offered me a FT or an Urban Enduro at shorter notice, but neither (apologies to the FTand UE owners/lovers) of those do I fancy. Dammit! I started to call around to see who has a bike available. I am about to cancel the contract with the current dealership. Very upset!

Cheers, Joerg
Welcome Joerg, terrible misfortune! Curious what it is about the FT and UE that don't appeal to your tastes?

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome Joerg, terrible misfortune! Curious what it is about the FT and UE that don't appeal to your tastes?

Well, the FT looks a bit too Harley Sportster for my taste and the UE is just a touch too oilve. The Icon is just perfectly right.

If I get my dealer to put the Icon tank panels on the FT, the Icon seat and replace the Termignioni with the standard pot, then we are going to have a deal. Basically a black icon - apart from the front fender ofc.

Oh well - maybe I just have to be patient...

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Three weeks have passed today since my original Scrambler pick up date. Still no bike and no word from the dealership unless I poke them. Last time I did, I got some lame ass reply along the lines of "we are going to ask the folks at Bologna again, tomorrow" then never heard back.

I felt it was time to up the ante a little bit :-D

I have a friend who is a head of something at Volkswagen Group Communication. She encouraged me to send her an email with a complaint about the bike situation. She would then forward it to a member of the board at Ducati. Lets see if this is going to be a good wake up call for the dealership...

I will kepp you updated ;-)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.