Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks Jim. I'd like to level mine out a bit (similar to the ducati "comfort" seat), so it might work without removing that.

I feel like this forum needs a whole section devoted to the seat, since every scrambler owner is probably going to do something to fix it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
SC vintage brown

I have one on order which is supposed to arrive on Monday (Dec 7). I asked them about not cutting the recess for the tool kit as I plan to remove mine also but I was told that the foam was molded and the recess would be there. I was told that they would send me a piece of foam to fill it in with. Also, I noticed on their website that the picture of the cover in vintage brown was a different design from the black cover. I asked if I would be getting one that matched the picture and was told that I would. I will be very interested to see if all these things are true. I will report back when my cover comes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Anyone seen the vintage brown cover from Seat Concepts in person?

Thinking of getting it for my UE.
I sent seat concepts my original brown seat cover off of my UE . They were going to color match something. This was 2 or 3 months ago. I never heard back from them. I haven't been watching their website. I have the black seat concepts cover installed. I cut out the tool recess and added foam. The seat is really good now. The original seat was in rideable for me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
SC vintage brown

I got my new foam and cover installed. Before doing the complete install, I placed the foam and cover on the pan and tacked it down with couple of staples. After riding on this, I decided not to remove the tool-kit bump. The installation was fairly easy (put the cover in oven (set to 100 degrees) to get it flexible). I used a harbor freight pneumatic stapler ($22.00) which made life pretty easy. I had asked them to send some extra foam in case I decided to remove the tool-kit bump which they did although it was not as dense and the foam used for the seat. I ended up gluing some of this foam (it was about 3/8" thick) to the bottom of a sheepskin pad which I already had. Things are good now.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm going to order the seat concept vintage brown for my classic too. The original looks gorgeous but is really uncomfortable. Does any one know if there is a way to buy only the seat pan from Ducati or an accessory trade? I don't want to use my classic seat as base.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm going to order the seat concept vintage brown for my classic too. The original looks gorgeous but is really uncomfortable. Does any one know if there is a way to buy only the seat pan from Ducati or an accessory trade? I don't want to use my classic seat as base.

This is prolly your best deal on a scrambler seat pan. 2016 Ducati Scrambler Seat | eBay

I would imagine if you can even get one through Ducati it will be more than $139.99

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Seat Concepts comfort seat, original seat and a seat cover & foam if anybody is looking. Been sitting in my garage since I sold my Scrambler. Make me a reasonable offer on any or all, shipped from 14072.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21 - 38 of 38 Posts