Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Scrambling On

6K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  TransNone13 
#1 ·
Hey folks,

Picked up the FT Scrambler earlier this week and have to say, I've not had this much fun on two wheels in a very long time!

Having owned all manner of bikes, modern European litre bikes included, I have to say this one puts the biggest smile on my face! Easy and simple to ride, comfortable, a looks the business! Makes my daily commute the best part of the day.

A few simple mods so far:

- Reupholstered seat (cheap mismatched yellow gone).
- Exhausted heat guard planted black.
- Removed standard rear mud guard and chopped number plate hanger.
- Titanium exhaust wrap.
- Black Pazzo levers.
- Cafe bar end mirrors.

Next on the list... Removal of hideous stock indicators.

Ride on!

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Hey Savage

They are cheap Tarmac Cafe mirrors - Tarmac Cafe Racer Mirrors - $0.00 : Motorcycle Accessories Supermarket, Motorcycle Accessories Supermarket (MCA) is your one-stop shop for Harley, sports bike, & off road bike parts & accessories. Fast shipping.

While I love the look of the more expensive Rizoma mirrors, I just cannot justify the price. I have used the Tarmac mirrors on a number of bikes and they are great. The best bit is, when they get scratched they get taken off, thrown in the bin, and then a new pair is bought.

#8 ·
Hey MotoChief,

I used two 10 metre roll's of of titanium wrap. I had about six metres left in the end.

I actually left the headers on the bike. Firstly I started at the connection and worked forward on the shorter pipe right up to the cylinder. Then started at the cat and worked forward right up to the O2 sensor under the front on the seat.

I admit that it would have been easy to take the headers off but I was not keen given the bike is as new as it is.

The last bike I did this to was a Triumph Thruxton and it was a piece of cake to remove the pipes and wrap. Not this bike though, allow for about two hours and bring your patience.

Good luck.

#15 ·
I hope you guys realize that you have to drop the lower half the headers to clean the oil sump screen every other oil change,

Gonna be kind of tough, just sayin...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.