Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Scrambler will be released sometime near the end of 2014, and along with it Ducati will be releasing a heap of lifestyle products. The idea is to make the Scrambler much more than just a bike, Ducati wants to make Scrambler a brand.

Accessories could include toys, clothing, leather gods and even cosmetics. This also explains why Ducati filed a trademark application for the Scrambler name back in march 2013. It needed that approved before it could fully commit to developing things like T-shirts, gloves or leathers that would carry the branding of the bike.

Any accessories in particular that you'd like to see from the Scrambler brand? Are you even interested in Scrambler as a brand, or are you likely to just stick to the bike?

·
Registered
133 Posts
This is going to be really cool, it was a good move on their part as the scramble will be much cheaper than other Ducati's and attract even more people to the brand.

Ducati Cologne would be sweet, just like how there's Hummer and Ferrari cologne.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I would be down for some riding gloves and leathers. I think i will buy cologne and the such from companies that actually make cologne though. I could see Ducati making some cool Scrambler riding boots too. What accessories would everyone want to see or consider buying?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I would be down for some riding gloves and leathers. I think i will buy cologne and the such from companies that actually make cologne though. I could see Ducati making some cool Scrambler riding boots too. What accessories would everyone want to see or consider buying?
scrambler specific gloves would be great to have, i know those will be one of the best sellers, a lot of scrambler owners will grab themselves a pair.
how much do you think it will cost?

·
Registered
418 Posts
I mean Ducati already sells apparel. Its expensive. And I don't think very many people buy them.

Not really sure if there will be enough loyal Scrambler owners to launch a bunch of lifestyle accessories branded Scrambler.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I guess they're trying to build it up harley style.. I think this is a good clue that the scrambler will be available in multiple displacements. You don;t build a lifestyle around one bike, you build it around a brand of bikes...

·
Registered
889 Posts
I guess they're trying to build it up harley style.. I think this is a good clue that the scrambler will be available in multiple displacements. You don;t build a lifestyle around one bike, you build it around a brand of bikes...
That would be a great idea, have a range of Scramblers: low, mid and high. What would the engine CC range be like?

·
Registered
449 Posts
an entire scrambler range would likely just lift engines from the Monster... We should start a petition for a scrambler with the Superquadro from Panigale ;) AHAHAa

·
Registered
54 Posts
an entire scrambler range would likely just lift engines from the Monster... We should start a petition for a scrambler with the Superquadro from Panigale ;) AHAHAa
most definitely, they have to pull engines from other models or develop a new one if creating a range of scramblers.

·
Registered
449 Posts
If they really want this bike to do well it needs a lower displacement. Harley just debuted the Street 500 and 750 models. Not exactly small but small for harley. Its highly unlikely but I would love to see a scrambler in 300, 500 and 750 displacements... keep the cost down as well, but then again Dcuati does not have small displacement engines just lying around... Maybe a partnership?

·
Registered
889 Posts
I'd say 500* is safe

I think the price and styling is what will make or break it.
500 would be ideal for a daily bike you want to be safe and have a bit of fun in, anything more would be a bit of an overkill, still no harm. Plus a 500 would be okay for newbs

·
Registered
449 Posts
yea and lower displacement engines make it easier to sell the Scrambler in emerging markets. India and most of SE asia prefers sub 500cc engines... But in the land of the brave anything under a liter is a girls bike... LOLLL

1 - 20 of 28 Posts