Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Nope. MSRP, but then I didn't ask for anything. This is a cheap bike for them and most have their allocations completely sold other than a couple that Ducati is giving them for stock after all that are ordered are delivered, so I think MSRP is fair for this first season.

·
Registered
88 Posts
$900 deposit. Fully refundable. No mention of discounts, kickbacks or anything. It will be interesting to see what the demand truly is. Last year when the SR400 was rereleased all the dealers were talking about being sold out and high demand, then after each dealer got their two allowed SR's and sold out, a couple dealers had them around for months.

Market demand is what will or won't drive the incentive offers. I don't see it happening. The dealer in Seattle has his first three shipments sold out. First shipment if 6 icons arrives within the next couple weeks.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Deposit at my dealer wasn't refundable (unless they couldn't get the bike in a reasonable time), but they were willing to work with me when I thought about canceling. I'm cool with that, and appreciated their attitude towards canceling.

·
Registered
8 Posts
As others have mentioned, I too would be surprised to see dealers coming off of MSRP on these bikes this year. We could be wrong about that but if they do, it would probably be later in the year. There are other costs to buying that are negotiable though so I think it still pays to shop hard. I would encourage potential buyers to ask about these items:
Will they be charging you freight?
Will they be charging you a prep/set up charge for the bike?
What is there DOC fee?

·
Registered
473 Posts
dealer rebate here should range 3 / 3,5%

final price For Urban Enduro, including formalities is Euros 9.900, so rebate is something abt 300/400 Euros. not too much considering no bike has been traded in.

than my dealer gave 1st planned maintenaince for free this is equal to Euros 180, I think step is 1000 km (abt 600 miles) I'll do them in the first week end :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
$500 Refundable deposit. I got free labor on any accessory installation. They are aware that this is a hot bike with deposits coming in long before the bike is available. I don't think there is much wiggle room on negotiations. I doubt there is much margin on the bike. I would like a discount on the accessories. Exhaust, heated grips are a must for me. The 100% goggles are $100% expensive. Love the look of them but WOW! that's a bit much seeing that my MX goggles are under 1/2 of that.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I hear what you're saying but **** any dealer that makes you put down a $1k non-refundable deposit. I would never buy a bike from them.
Pffft... no big deal. They are a decent dealership that's only 15 minutes from my house. The next closest Ducati dealership is 50 miles on the other side of the city and just opened so they have zero track record (they don't even show up in Ducati's dealer locator yet). The next closest is hundreds of miles away in another state.

Will they be charging you freight?
Will they be charging you a prep/set up charge for the bike?
What is there DOC fee?
I did think to ask those questions, and nope on all 3. Just the price of the bike, and any accessories I purchase at 10% off. I have it in writing. That's why I didn't see a $1k non-refundable deposit on a bike that I'm buying as a big deal.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I get my Urban enduro for 9500€ including 180€ of road tax and the dealer take back my Monster 1100evo for a fair price. Didn't ask for a deposit.

But he is known for making good price and it's my third bike from him in three years and i do all my maintenance at his shop.

When my monster was stuck at the shop for two months et give me a multistrada 1200s for the whole time.

I hope our relationship stay that way but right now i'm really happy with my dealer.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Kinda crazy really to put down a non refundable deposit. I was able to put down a refundable deposit and still get free fitting and 15% of anything I order with the bike, even stuff like Kriega and R&G etc ........

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.