Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

181 - 200 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm 50ish and Scramblii is my second motorbike. My first was a DR650 which I learnt on and then rode for years, mostly for commuting but also the odd long trip.

:-D

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm 58, and been riding for 43 years. I had all my nickels and pennies saved up for a Monster 796, and was waiting for my dealer to receive a black one, when I wrecked my R1200GS in June. While in the hospital I heard that this Scrambler was to finally become a reality. Since I was going to modify the Monster anyway, and the Scrambler ergos are more friendly to my newly reconstructed knee, it was an easy choice to make.
I might take it to my suspension shop anyway, but I'm going to ride it first before I decide.
I'm wondering if I can get a lowering kit for the pegs, or have to make my own?

The marketing campaign is a bit of a turn-off for me

^ ^ ^ That was me, waaay back on page 1 of this thread 2 years ago. ^ ^ ^

I actually declined delivery of the Urban Enduro when it finally showed up 18 months ago. I didn't like the suspension (or lack of suspension for a "scrambler"), so I got something more dirt capable. 18 months and 3 bikes later, I have a new Desert Sled on the way after seeing and sitting on one at the show in Long Beach last Friday.

Reactions: Preuling

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kwak ZZR600
Honda CBR600F
Honda Fireblade
KTM 950 Supermoto
KTM 990 Superduke
KTM 690 SMCR
Ducati Scrambler Icon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm 32. This is my 6th bike, second Ducati. I'm going to answer what seems to be the unofficial question of the thread just for fun: Am I a hipster? I'm not really sure. I'm fashionable but I have never really been a trend follower. When it comes to bikes, I've been all over the map. from the dorkiest dad bike (Yamaha FZ1 which actually was given to me by me dad) to IMO one of the coolest modern bikes of all time, a Ducati Sport 1000s. I just love bikes and riding and I'm not really going to make a big deal of my image. I am so into the idea of a basic do-it-all standard bike that I kind of looked past all the wood grain and skateboards and saw the bike for what it is, and here I am.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Oh and one more thing (looks like I can't edit posts). I bought the bike used from a guy in his 70s! He was a returning rider after having bikes as a young man. So there's one more win in the "old guys" column.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm 43 and this is my 7th bike I owned. Before the Scrambler(in order of ownership) I had BMW K100RS, Buell S1 White Lightning, BMW R1100S,BMW R1200R, Aprilia Scrabeo 250i.e. and a BMW R100R Classic. I've been riding from when I was 20 and had a brake from motorcycles for about 4 years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm 29 again. :x

1984 Yamaha RZ 350
1995 Honda CBR600F3
1999 Yamaha R1
2008 Yamaha R1
2010 Ducati 1198S Corse
2015 Triumph Thruxton Ace
2015 Ducati 899 Panigale

And dirt bikes...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am 39 and I will never be older...

The bikes I had in my life:
Aprilia RS125
FZR600
Suzuki GS500e
Yamaha R6
Cagiva Raptor 1000
Yamaha MT09
Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm 56 & don't really feel like a fish out of water here.
Picked up my Desert Sled 4 months ago & loving it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm 67 my first motorcycle was a brand new 1969 Honda CL450 that remarkably has almost identical specs as my Scrambler sixty2. Since then I've had several BSA c15's, Honda 250 Scrambler, Honda Reflex, Honda 650 Scrambler, several BMW R60's, BMW R67, BMW R27, BMW R65, BMW R80, BMW R90, BMW 1000GS, Gilera 125 Sei Giorni, Ducati 250 Scrambler, Ducati 250 Monza, Triumph Scrambler, Kawasaki Super Sherpa, Vespa 250 GTS, and a few more. I really like the Sixty2.

·
Registered
67 Posts
70 in a few weeks.......I've had many "rides " over the last 54 years...from 175 to 1100 cc's ...on road, off road, cruisers, and screamers. My 2017 silver ice Icon with Corbin seat and Scorpion exhaust is the finale....I really like it....best all around bike I've owned..

·
Registered
2 Posts
23, first bike I've ever owned. Actually bought the bike before I got my MSF license. It's a very clean model visually but the parts can be a bit hard to find.

·
Registered
3 Posts
39 and New to Riding

Just saw this thread and thought I'd chime in...

As the title states, I'm 39 and new to motorcycles. I'll be taking my Basic Rider Course here in the next two weeks having never ridden a motorcycle once (only exception being an 80cc dirt bike 25+ years ago). I've always wanted to ride since my early twenties, but never dedicated time to make it happen...until I saw Ducati's 2019 offerings on a morning show. That's exactly when I fell in love with the Cafe Racer and decided I wanted to ride. Having always been a fan of the more 'naked' bikes, this one struck me with the 'gotta-have-it' bug. I've been obsessing over it for about five to six weeks now. I have to say that upon viewing Ducati's official promo for this bike, I was put off...however, the bike eventually spoke back to me and my love interest continued. Regardless of who these Scramblers are meant to entice, I dig em'. They're just cool and sexy.

All this being said, a Scrambler (specifically a CR) for my first bike...that's another debate and I've heard a lot of advice/stories which push/pull me in various directions. I'd welcome any thoughts and suggestions...

181 - 200 of 206 Posts