Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I kept hitting the rev limiter because I was testing a half helmet and the wind noise was so loud I couldn't hear the engine.

I tried Vdub's deshake plug-in but I obviously need some practice with it. The video was actually worse before though.

GoPro is the leading action camera and it has no image stabilization. Neither optical nor digital. Pathetic.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Please direct me to the video of your superior skill, kid.
Hey, thanks for calling me kid, doesn't happen that much at 46 years of age! Been riding since I was 15 but sorry to disappoint with the lack of videos, I don't have the time to try and impress subscribers on my YouTube channel...

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, thanks for calling me kid, doesn't happen that much at 46 years of age! Been riding since I was 15 but sorry to disappoint with the lack of videos, I don't have the time to try and impress subscribers on my YouTube channel...
Huh, I would have guessed a teenager considering you call yourself SatansFist and you use the word son as a pejorative. I can't say I'm surprised by your inability to produce anything to backup your alleged riding expertise though.

And BTW, I had no reason to rev match even once in that entire video. The only time I rev match is when I am braking hard and downshifting into first or second to prevent wheel hop or loss of traction. The only time I was in first and second was at the stop sign. I use downshifting to aid me in slowing down. Bliping the throttle would only impede that effort. Take that first tight turn for example. I go from 114 mph to 63 mph when I enter that 90 degree turn in about 5 seconds. I downshift into 5th and then 4th in those 5 seconds (without rev matching) in order to use engine braking to help slow me down. I also want to be in 4th gear when I enter the turn at 60+. In the rest of the video I also use engine braking to help slow me down and since I am usually in 4th or 5th gear I don't need to match revs for traction reasons. If you want to make the argument that rev matching is helping prolong the bike, go ahead and blip all you like, I couldn't care less. But my lack of rev matching did not affect the performance of my ride in any way whatsoever. If you want to continue to be a dick and jump into threads just to make wise-ass remarks, I'm sure you can do better.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well well, little touchy huh?

Satansfist is the name of a character from a favourite book I read growing up: Samahdi Sheol Satansfist. I have no idea what the word son would sound like being used pejoratively, it's used as a form of address for someone unknown or anonymous, like buddy, chief, bloke, cobber, mate...bad association on your part?

I haven't "produced" any evidence as I work for 6 or months a year in the desert, my bikes remain at home. I haven't even seen my Scrambler in the flesh yet. Give me another 2 months and I'll whip something up for you though.

I literally watched 10 seconds of your vid. My first post was meant in a jocular way, rev-match, don't rev-match, I could give a fukk, I don't know you, we'll never meet, it's a throw away line. I'm surprised you've survived the internet thus far without growing a thicker skin or a sense of humour.

I have noticed this forum contains a lot of back patting and "Great bike!" posts, seems everyone is afraid of upsetting someone else, I don't know if it's because most are on a bike for the first time or have bought into the "Land of Joy" guff sold along with the Scrambler?

Who knows? Who cares? Not me really.

Huh, I would have guessed a teenager considering you call yourself SatansFist and you use the word son as a pejorative. I can't say I'm surprised by your inability to produce anything to backup your alleged riding expertise though.

And BTW, I had no reason to rev match even once in that entire video. The only time I rev match is when I am braking hard and downshifting into first or second to prevent wheel hop or loss of traction. The only time I was in first and second was at the stop sign. I use downshifting to aid me in slowing down. Bliping the throttle would only impede that effort. Take that first tight turn for example. I go from 114 mph to 63 mph when I enter that 90 degree turn in about 5 seconds. I downshift into 5th and then 4th in those 5 seconds (without rev matching) in order to use engine braking to help slow me down. I also want to be in 4th gear when I enter the turn at 60+. In the rest of the video I also use engine braking to help slow me down and since I am usually in 4th or 5th gear I don't need to match revs for traction reasons. If you want to make the argument that rev matching is helping prolong the bike, go ahead and blip all you like, I couldn't care less. But my lack of rev matching did not affect the performance of my ride in any way whatsoever. If you want to continue to be a dick and jump into threads just to make wise-ass remarks, I'm sure you can do better.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have noticed this forum contains a lot of back patting and "Great bike!" posts, seems everyone is afraid of upsetting someone else, I don't know if it's because most are on a bike for the first time or have bought into the "Land of Joy" guff sold along with the Scrambler?

Who knows? Who cares? Not me really.
It's simple. Nearly everyone who posts here is polite, friendly and respectful while posters like you with your "throw away lines" are thankfully the exception.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's simple. Nearly everyone who posts here is polite, friendly and respectful while posters like you with your "throw away lines" are thankfully the exception.
You're too sensitive to own a Ducati Scrambler. All of my friends call mine a "girl bike" as I am pulling away from them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
****,( D A M N ) I love a spirited thread, don't stop now ya pair of whippersnappers, please continue with the entertainment !

Reactions: stavely

·
Registered
205 Posts
Looks like a fun ride. I dig the higher bars too, looks nice and comfy. What are they? Any pics of the whole bike with those bars?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like a fun ride. I dig the higher bars too, looks nice and comfy. What are they? Any pics of the whole bike with those bars?
The handlebars are Renthal road mediums on top of Rox 2" risers. I now have narrower handlebars (735 mm vs 855 mm) that are about the same height as the stock icon bars. I like the feel of the new bars better and it gives me more room to split lanes. The 2" risers don't leave enough room for an allen wrench or hex bit though, so you must machine something up to fit. If I had it to do over again, I would get a rox 3 1/2" riser and renthal low or ultra low bars.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts