Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,
do anyone know the Color Code of the yellow 2016 model?

3 Dealers told me that Ducati doesn´t publish any Color code. I asked one of them: "What if I would have any scratches on the tank." The answer was: "You could by a new one from Ducati :D".... This wasn´t the kind of answer I expected!

I just want to paint the side Panels in yellow.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Dan

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
its on page 189 of the manual.
if you don't have one,
'62 yellow, primer code ds20052 (LECHLER).....Varnish Code MC060035(LECHLER).
I would just take those numbers to good auto paint supply shop, I'm sure they could match It perfectly. I use a place here in SoCal called Coast Airbrush. coastairbrush.com they are the best.
good luck... and post pics of your project!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its on page 189 of the manual.
if you don't have one,
'62 yellow, primer code ds20052 (LECHLER).....Varnish Code MC060035(LECHLER).
I would just take those numbers to good auto paint supply shop, I'm sure they could match It perfectly. I use a place here in SoCal called Coast Airbrush. coastairbrush.com they are the best.
good luck... and post pics of your project!!!
Hey Chris,
thank´s a lot!

I contacted Lechler in Germany and asked for a dealer near my adress. They answered immediately.
They mixed the color and I brought it to the painter.... SHOCK! It´s yellow but with a green touch!
Back to the dealer! They put in charge that the varnisher didn´t use the priming (?) and mixed the color again.
Finally I went to the varnisher with the new mixed colore (seem´s the same) and a priming and he affirmed me that he used the priming before.

It´s frustrating! He will paint it again but I don´t believe in a better outcome.

I´ll keep you informed and hopefully I´ll show you the result.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
That sucks. I bet the color may look different due to differences between the primers. I usually tint my primers when painting. I woulda left it with the green tint to it, and thrown in the fenders! Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts