Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there folks, I just bought my scrambler icon, I am loving the bike. I want to change the handlebar, it feels funny! I have read good things about renthal low and FT as well. Any suggestions which one to opt and the differences? Thanks!

·
Registered
323 Posts
For minimal effort and good pricing I would go the FT Handlebar way as many have also don, you get the Handlebar and the needed mounting kit for a reasonable 140€ or so.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bar options

Hi there folks, I just bought my scrambler icon, I am loving the bike. I want to change the handlebar, it feels funny! I have read good things about renthal low and FT as well. Any suggestions which one to opt and the differences? Thanks!
Seems ppl are prepared to pay completely over the top type prices to change the bars on their bikes these days. I'm not familiar with the FT bars but "Renthal" always means "high price" and "unnecessary" in my book. Unless you absolutely MUST have branded bars or like the tapered bar look just shop around for a no frills brand 7/8 inch diameter bar that will fit the standard clamps. The actual bar you chose is going to depend on the size of the rider, riding style...preferences...The old school way of working out what was a good bar for you was to sit on the bike with the bike upright and your feet on the pegs (a chock under the side stand, a maintenance/axle stand or mate to hold the bike will assist here). Ideally have the standard bars removed and then shut your eyes just extend your arms out into what feels like a comfortable riding stance...allow for a bit of lean forward which you need when riding at highway speed into a head wind and bingo your hands should automatically be settling on a pair of ideal imaginary handlebars. All you need to do then is find those bars...it shouldn't be hard. You can always buy what you think are a good fit cheaper pair of bars first and then loosely bolt them in place w/o bothering to attach all the levers...then just repeat the eyes shut trick and see how close your mitts are to the actual bars. Bars can be rotated fore and aft in the mounts for a customised fit and don't be afraid to take a hacksaw to shorten the bars if your arms are too splayed out. Just make sure you leave enough real estate on the flat end of the bars for the levers, switchgear etc to bolt up to. Also avoid bars with too much sweep back...they will pinch you up and not allow you to free your arms as required. In NZ the Dold Industries VH02 or VH05 are popular choices for the Scrambler or if you don't want a cross brace something like a VH03 can work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts