Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Scrambler is going to be a Ducati with retro styling elements geared towards expanding the brand’s reach (read penetrate Asia). The original Scrambler from Ducati was sold from 1962 to 1968 with a plethora of small engines, including 250, 350 and 450cc single cylinder units. The new Scrambler is rumored to feature a bigger 796cc V-Twin power plant with 87 bhp, which would be an utter failure at understanding markets. Small 400cc bikes make up the majority of transportation in SE Asia. Most countries in that part of the world even offer special insurance and tax incentives to owners of 400cc bikes. Although Ducati could be responding to Triumphs version of the Scrambler which is sold with a 856cc four-stroke twin. Never the less expect Ducatis Scrambler to feature styling cues which tug at your heart or helmet.

MCN has confirmed that Ducati is in the advanced stages of development for the Scrambler. MCN goes on to confirm the Scrambler will make an appearance in its finished form by the end of 2014 and will go on sale in the next year. Which means we should be seeing a production concept at this years EIMCA show in November.

But The Ducati Scrambler will be much more than a fun little bike, I think Ducati wants the Scrambler to be a lifestyle brand. When Ducati filled the Scrambler trademark in March 13 it was noted that Ducati plans to sell branded riding gear, apparel, toys and other accessories to go with the Scrambler. The ‘modern tech – retro style’ formula should work really well for an iconic brand like Ducati, it certainly worked for the Mustang in '04.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
281 Posts
I hope that they have the high mounted exhaust pipes on the production model.

I am surprised to hear that the Scrambler will have such a powerful engine, especially considering that it is meant for the Asian market. The more powerful engine will appeal to some, mostly in North America, and I am not going to complain about it.

Release date in 2015, eh? It will be a long wait then, but I think that I will hold out and save up to get my hands on one of these beauties.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope that they have the high mounted exhaust pipes on the production model.

I am surprised to hear that the Scrambler will have such a powerful engine, especially considering that it is meant for the Asian market. The more powerful engine will appeal to some, mostly in North America, and I am not going to complain about it.

Release date in 2015, eh? It will be a long wait then, but I think that I will hold out and save up to get my hands on one of these beauties.
I took the MCN quip as the bike will be finished and on sale next year, especially if the bike is showing up EICMA in november we should have production ready bikes by the spring and on sale by summer '14.

·
Registered
120 Posts
can't wait, thanks for posting some solid info on the Scrambler. Due to the type of bike the Scrambler is, it should give them that opportunity to have a bike that brings together a lifestyle and the need for a little fun bike together. I just hope they keep it a little retro looking with the higher mounted exhaust.

·
Registered
70 Posts
can't wait, thanks for posting some solid info on the Scrambler. Due to the type of bike the Scrambler is, it should give them that opportunity to have a bike that brings together a lifestyle and the need for a little fun bike together. I just hope they keep it a little retro looking with the higher mounted exhaust.
I am loving the way its still looks, the mid pipe has a nice curve to it. Do you guys like the way the exhaust is routed?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I love the look, just looking at the engine alone you can tell it's something modern but as you start to zoom away and see the rest, you can see how the rest of the bikes design stays true with it's predecessor

·
Registered
276 Posts
I love the exhaust pipe design ^^here^^ The exhaust pipe curves out of the bottom of the bike and goes up to be mounted high. It looks awesome. I hope that happens on the production model.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I am loving the way its still looks, the mid pipe has a nice curve to it. Do you guys like the way the exhaust is routed?
I love it, the exhaust sort of reminds me of bullets or polished shotgun barrels.
It's modern but at the same time has the right amount of classic design cues to it.

·
Registered
418 Posts
ahhh right.. those renderings...

still prefer the jvb concept myself. too bad jvb doesn't make them anymore. or i would honestly just buy one of those.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts