Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, I have a tricky issue..

I have just taken ownership of a Scrambler 2019 and it was running fine. I changed the standard bars (with heated handgrips) to low bars with standard hand grips and then the headlight started failing when turning left...it was fine turning right so it was on and off...

I took the headlight off and found if I wiggled the four wires going into the back of the headlight casing on the right hand side (sitting on bike) the made the light go on and off, then it stopped all together and now it won't come on at all..

Full beam is fine as well as the running lights, all fine...

I have noticed also that the instrument panel does not seem 100% either, it's not terrible, but if the headlight is playing up it seems to affect the guage also...now the headlight is off...the guage is fine...

Seems like it might be a faulty wire or loose connection inside the headlamp itself...but it was fine before I changed the handlebar...

Any ideas Folks?

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Were the heated grips the OEM grips or aftermarket ones? Some aftermarket ones require you to splice into a “key on” connection (when key is on the wire is powered) and some people splice into the headlight. If so, the wire to the headlight that was spliced in might be causing a short or ground when the bars are turned too far in one direction. Check to see that it’s not just hang out and uncovered.

Also check all the wires going to the headlight to see if any of them are damage and causing a short or grounding out o the frame. I had a similar issues with a Monster 1100 EVO and it ended up being a wire that rubbed against the fork frame but o Kay when turning the handlebars all the way to the left. Took awhile to find it after checking very single wire and connection. Once found I just put some electrical tape and repositioned and used some zip ties ton make sure that the harness doesn’t touch anything metal when the handle bar is turned all the way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts