Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody!

Last saturday I went to my local Ducati dealer and bought the brackets to mount the original saddlebags...
After reading the installation instructions, I thought it would be easy-piecy, but for my surprise, after bolting the brackets, it´s really difficult to bolt the tail and turn lights again...

Did anyone have the same problem?

After half an hour of struggle, i gave up and reassembled the bike without the brackets... i´ll get them installed at the dealer once i take the bike for service...

Regards!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I haven't done this but i read on the site that others had to use "ball end" allen keys to get into the bolts at an angle to finish the job.it seems like working space is limited.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't done this but i read on the site that others had to use "ball end" allen keys to get into the bolts at an angle to finish the job.it seems like working space is limited.
It really is... Went to the dealer and had them installed there... Took only 15 minutes..

·
Registered
20 Posts
I removed the rear fender with the tail lights mounted, let it sit on top of the tire and was able to get at the bolts to do the mounting.

I installed the OEM luggage rack first, then the saddle bag mounts came in and I got nervous because they mount in the same place. Turns out it was super easy, the luggage rack has mounts for the saddle bag mounts built in so it was only a matter of pulling out the plastic stops in the luggage rack and bolting on the saddle bag bracket.
See this thread for more details and photos: http://www.ducatiscramblerforum.com/forum/ducati-scrambler-parts-accessories/35938-ducati-genuine-rear-rack.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts