Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
How do you find riding position with with Rizoma drag bar handlebars especially on long rides? I think it's similar to Italia Independent standard bars, much lower even in comparison to Full Throttle bars. I only sat on the Italia Independent at the dealer and I found the position very comfortable for me (I'm 173 cm high). But sitting isn't riding, and I consider changing bars to the one from Rizoma - either low fat bar or even lower drag bar. I ride a lot and I'm trying to find the best compromise between looks and comfort. Thanks for your thoughts!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have heard it is painful installing low drag bar due to limited room. However I have seen people do it. You will have to play around with cables and it will be a tight squeeze for the controls. Not sure about low fat bar.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am looking for a similar riding position. I am curious about Rizoma 1-1/8 Inch Diameter White Tapered Handlebars vs Full Throttle bars. What is the difference?!?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am looking for a similar riding position. I am curious about Rizoma 1-1/8 Inch Diameter White Tapered Handlebars vs Full Throttle bars. What is the difference?!?
That's exactly what I'm thinking about :) I made a comparison between II and FT bars. Rizoma fatbar shoud be somwhere in between, depending on height (it comes in three various sizes, as far as I can remember).

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
2016 FT w/ Rizoma 1 1/8 bars

I have a 2016 FT and went with the Rizoma 1 1/8 bars. I really like them - very well made and very stiff, but still provide a little shock absorption. They are a little lower than the stock FT bars and I find the position perfect. Note that you'll have to either drill holes in the Rizoma bars OR dremel off a couple of tabs on the stock parts that attach to the bars. I did the latter, and I've had NO problems with everything staying secure. I also have the Rizoma Fly Screen and Tach/Speedometer relocate kit, and many, many other mods...

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a 2016 FT and went with the Rizoma 1 1/8 bars. I really like them - very well made and very stiff, but still provide a little shock absorption. They are a little lower than the stock FT bars and I find the position perfect. Note that you'll have to either drill holes in the Rizoma bars OR dremel off a couple of tabs on the stock parts that attach to the bars. I did the latter, and I've had NO problems with everything staying secure. I also have the Rizoma Fly Screen and Tach/Speedometer relocate kit, and many, many other mods...
Thank you, Max. This is very helpful!

·
Registered
124 Posts
By any chance can you upload a pic of your bike with the handlebars? I had my bike since 2015 and this is the year I am finally making mods. Wanted to see more parts come out for the bike. Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I remenber when I tested the Scrambler, was FT, and really did not like the posición, actually my red Icon have a Rizoma handelbar MA006B, with rise kit Rizoma AZ203 and the new position is nice for me
Regards

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I remenber when I tested the Scrambler, was FT, and really did not like the posición, actually my red Icon have a Rizoma handelbar MA006B, with rise kit Rizoma AZ203 and the new position is nice for me
Regards
Thanks a lot! Could you please post some photos of that set taken from various angles?

·
Registered
20 Posts
More pics: 16FT with Rizoma bars and other mods

Here is a mostly complete list of mods:

Rizoma tach relocate, flyscreen, bars, Club indicators
CRG lanesplitter mirrors
Ohlins shock, Andriani springs
NRC Tidy Tail mount (took off the LED indicators - not bright enough -replaced with Rizoma Clubs on OEM bracket)
Throttle Tamer (thumbs up)
Booster Plug (thumbs up)
Mustang Seat
New cables - throttle/brake. Tucks cables in behind fly screen.
Tom Rolland tank badge
Kriega 20L drybag

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is a mostly complete list of mods:

Rizoma tach relocate, flyscreen, bars, Club indicators
CRG lanesplitter mirrors
Ohlins shock, Andriani springs
NRC Tidy Tail mount (took off the LED indicators - not bright enough -replaced with Rizoma Clubs on OEM bracket)
Throttle Tamer (thumbs up)
Booster Plug (thumbs up)
Mustang Seat
New cables - throttle/brake. Tucks cables in behind fly screen.
Tom Rolland tank badge
Kriega 20L drybag
Thank you! Can you please write Rizoma part No. of your bars?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts