Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

61 - 80 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Hi, are you sure about this in US? i just got a reply from ducati:

"We naturally encourage the use of our Ducati Performance exhaust kits as they are designed and tuned for our bikes and does not affect the warranty. We, however, aren’t able to maintain your warranty if you have remapped the ECU as it can result in engine damage if not done correctly".

What about European countries?

Absolutely...

They would have to prove - beyond a shadow of a doubt - that the fueling changes made directly caused the failure of any warrantable item.

This "protection" does NOT apply outside the US.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Absolutely...
They would have to prove - beyond a shadow of a doubt - that the fueling changes made directly caused the failure of any warrantable item.
This "protection" does NOT apply outside the US.
Thanks for your reply. Perhaps instead of remapping the ECU, I can just reset it and then let the self-adaptive parameters change to the new flow?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Thanks for your reply. Perhaps instead of remapping the ECU, I can just reset it and then let the self-adaptive parameters change to the new flow?

Unfortunately, the adaptive parameters are programmed to be too lean.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Tony,
In your opinion, is the Rexxer for the Scrambler a "finished" tool, or will development on it continue for the next 6 months? I have too many other projects going on, so am going to wait until March 2016 to select an exhaust.

At 2300 km my Scrambler Classic is running better and better, and I can live 6 months with the stock exhaust, but the general benefits of the better tune that can be provided by the Rexxer would be nice to have right now. Is there any downside to ordering the Rexxer now, removing the O2 sensors, getting immediate tuning benefits with the stock exhaust, then in March getting a good aftermarket exhaust and retuning?
If I buy one now, does Rexxer provide software updates as it develops?
If I should contact Rexxer directly, will do.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Tony,
In your opinion, is the Rexxer for the Scrambler a "finished" tool, or will development on it continue for the next 6 months? I have too many other projects going on, so am going to wait until March 2016 to select an exhaust.

At 2300 km my Scrambler Classic is running better and better, and I can live 6 months with the stock exhaust, but the general benefits of the better tune that can be provided by the Rexxer would be nice to have right now. Is there any downside to ordering the Rexxer now, removing the O2 sensors, getting immediate tuning benefits with the stock exhaust, then in March getting a good aftermarket exhaust and retuning?
If I buy one now, does Rexxer provide software updates as it develops?
If I should contact Rexxer directly, will do.

Yes they provide updates regularly.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Do you get access to the updates for free if you buy the rexxer device?
yes, but I can only speak about REXXER in the USA.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I asked Chris who supplies the Rexxer maps for European market if the firmware gets updated on the units. Answer was yes and the unit will automatically check for updates when connected to a pc. He said they are working on an update that will allow a user to disable 02 sensor through the unit menu as that is not an option at present for the ecu on the scrambler

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think that a throttle tube is probably all a lot of people need to achieve what DHS1981 is looking for. He asks for "a one-time solution that makes the bike more pleasant to ride".

That's exactly what a throttle tube has done for my bike.

Obviously remapping for modifications is a different issue entirely but I happen to think that the fueling at low RPM is not poor at all, the issue is how much control the standard throttle allows the rider to have over it.
I installed a G2 throttle tamer to allow better control on rough roads as I was a slave to the twitchy throttle, completely cured the problem and am very happy with the results, only cost about $100.00 Canadian.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Throttle tamer is a band-aid, does not "fix" anything - just masks the symptoms.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks to Tony for all the good info - I've been reading this and similar threads for over a month as I've tried to decide what modificaitons to make to my 2015 Scrambler Icon.

I installed the G2 throttle tamer last week and it made throttle control much easier - highly recommend.
I just installed my Remus slip-on exhaust last night and flashed my ECU with new map using the Rexxer unit I recently purchased.
Huge difference in sound quality and tone and very noticeable improvement in low RPM power delivery.

I would recommend taking a both / and approach instead of the either / or approach. The quality of the G2 throttle tube is much better than stock and if you don't like the cam profile, just change it out.

The bike is undeniably set up to run lean so new map and disabling the O2 sensors makes sense especially now that my cat is gone.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Thanks to Tony for all the good info - I've been reading this and similar threads for over a month as I've tried to decide what modificaitons to make to my 2015 Scrambler Icon.

I installed the G2 throttle tamer last week and it made throttle control much easier - highly recommend.
I just installed my Remus slip-on exhaust last night and flashed my ECU with new map using the Rexxer unit I recently purchased.
Huge difference in sound quality and tone and very noticeable improvement in low RPM power delivery.

I would recommend taking a both / and approach instead of the either / or approach. The quality of the G2 throttle tube is much better than stock and if you don't like the cam profile, just change it out.

The bike is undeniably set up to run lean so new map and disabling the O2 sensors makes sense especially now that my cat is gone.
I also run a G2 throttle tube - but with the stock profile. For me it was just about replacing the cheap, loose-fitting stock tube, with a much smoother operating unit.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone from going the "throttle-tamer" route, but just want those with lesser experience know that it really is not a "fix".

IMO, if you fix the fueling the proper way then nothing needs to be "tamed".

·
Registered
108 Posts
I ordered the Rexxer User yesterday, and David could not have been more helpful.

My wife will bring it down with her when she returns from the USA next week, along with the two nice little O2 tidy up screws.
James

·
Registered
108 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
The rexxer pro just allows the unit to be used on multiple ECU units from what I understand so a trader can apply many different maps to many bikes. I do not think you can make maps with it but just apply a pre purchased map to many bikes

The Evo model only allows mapping to a single unit to which it is "married" to

·
Registered
129 Posts
Can anyone confirm what you can and can't do with the rexer user please?

Can you upload and change maps as you change the bike?

Can you delete the o2 sensors?

Can you adjust the rpm limit?

Can you read/clear ecm codes?

Can you reset service lights?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
205 Posts

Thanks in advance
You can clear the codes, service light, and O2 sensors. The rest of that might be best fielded by the Rexxer USA contact Tony supplied.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts

Thanks in advance
Rexxer would need to reset the unit to use on another bike and you would need a different interface cable for a different ECU

At present you can not directly delete 02 sensors from the unit itself. You can only apply a map that already has them deleted when Rexxer made it. It is a feature I have been told they are hoping to add to the unit soon

You can not adjust RPM for scrambler

You can read the error codes and reset them

Yep service lights can be reset

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks guys, so do you get a choice of maps to download and use with the rexer unit depending on what setup your running on your bike?

I like the idea of the rexer unit but would need the o2 sensors deleted if I remapped!

It's a shame there aren't more options for full parameter customisation

Vance and Hines do a unit for the Harley that Bluetooths to your cell phone and provides live data and let's you change fueling on the fly (say you hit the highway and want Eco mode)

$600 for a tuning box and code reader is pretty steep

61 - 80 of 113 Posts