Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

reset service icon

22K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  TC3 
#1 ·
I'm sure it must be here already somewhere but I can't find it. I've just done my 600 mile service. how do I reset the icon?

#7 ·
Hello

Although I can understand you prefer to do this service yourself, I wouldn't do it during the warranty period. If you encounter any problem, Ducati will first have a look at your service history and, in your case, they won't do anything for you even if you've done the service state of the art.

All my Ducati have had their services done by the dealer, during the warranty period and I've been happy to use this warranty sometimes (4 rear shocks changed on my ST2 in 2 years and 2 saddles on my Scrambler).

After the warranty period, I do everything myself, to be sure it's entirely and well done.

#8 ·
Although I can understand you prefer to do this service yourself, I wouldn't do it during the warranty period. If you encounter any problem, Ducati will first have a look at your service history and, in your case, they won't do anything for you even if you've done the service state of the art.
Just FYI, if he is in the USA, this is not the case. It's illegal for a dealer to deny your warranty coverage simply because you had routine maintenance or repairs performed by someone else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.