Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sarah,

not sure I understand these shock measurements. I did some pretty detailed measurements on my Icon shock and its 11.6" (295mm) eye to eye. Any increase in shock length impacts rear wheel height by a factor of 2.5.

I learned that the JRI shock for scramble Double Adjustable | JRi Shocks is 305mm. This should raise the bike about an inch which is what I am looking to do.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Are you sure? If you blow up the photo there's glare on the last number, but the font style is different than the zero of '160' next to it. Part number -975 also exists (or did in the past.)
No I ´m not sure. But I´m a bit confused about the spring rates given by the OP. He measured 589 lb/in = 103 N/mm stock.
His K-tech spring he measured 530 lb/in = 93 N/mm

The K tech number system is diamter - length (mm) - spring rate (N/mm). So a 75 N/mm = 425 lb/in, but he measured 530 lb/in.

In her nice writeup Sara gives 476 lb/in for her blue spring.

So my best guess goes:
the stock is at appr. 589 lb/in = 103 N/mm, and to make that softer one should go to 450-550 lb/in = 80 - 100 N/mm, depending on weight and driving style.

Here the link to the unit converter I used: Convert pound/inch to N/mm - Conversion of Measurement Units

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Sarah,

not sure I understand these shock measurements. I did some pretty detailed measurements on my Icon shock and its 11.6" (295mm) eye to eye. Any increase in shock length impacts rear wheel height by a factor of 2.5.

I learned that the JRI shock for scramble Double Adjustable | JRi Shocks is 305mm. This should raise the bike about an inch which is what I am looking to do.
teherr,

You may be right; those are not my measurements, that is a copy & paste I pulled from a discussion on Advrider. Wish we had a Buell shock on hand so we'd know for sure.

Sarah

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but has anybody else pursued this course in recent years? I've had my eye on an Eibach spring to match the red of my Icon, but I don't know enough about spring rates or suspension to determine if they are a good option for me.

I'm 5'9" and 215lbs in gear, and I'm eager to modify my stock suspension to save some money over replacing everything.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts