Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Icon
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, just noticed an issue with my 2016 Icon, bought 2 weeks ago with 26 mile son clock ( long explanation for that but effectively a "new" old bike ) , just connecting my new Tecmate Batt charger maintainer and noticed this:

Rear brake line appears to have been routed so it touches weld of exhaust spring lug so it has been busy melting through. Was running bike in at weekend in cool spring south West UK and noticed slightly more than new bike smell but thought it was just bedding in of exhaust etc. Luckly found this and can see ( sorry not best photos ) that heat from exhaust has melted through rubber outlet hose run and is melting brake line. Only on 96 miles now so think no major damage but for temp fix will be cutting ties and re tying leads, pipes etc away from exhaust and then wrapping in heat shield fabric until bike gets service and I will re route brake line and cables away from there.
Just thought I should point out so others may check if this not a common known fault, apologies new to forum so this may have been said already.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Indeed I had a similar issue with my Yosh CF Slip. I just corrected the brake line to the opposite side of the plastic piece. I will attempt to get a few pics up this evening.

·
Registered
2016 Icon
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Indeed I had a similar issue with my Yosh CF Slip. I just corrected the brake line to the opposite side of the plastic piece. I will attempt to get a few pics up this evening.
Would like to see them, have installed a fabric heat shield sheath for the moment and this seems to have sorted the direct heat /melt pipe issue but the fluid /reservoir is still pretty hot after a ride out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts