Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Quality issues with the bench seat

13K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  idaka 
#1 ·
Hi,

after 20 years without a bike I am planning my 2-wheels-comeback and would like to place a scrambler order. But at this time, I am not sure which model I should order. My first choice is the "Full Throttle" but on several youtube-vids, the bench is ripped of, e.g. here -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSZ62AwOhoA

What is your opinion?

Regards from Germany
Marten

Attachments

See less See more
#14 · (Edited)
I wondered the same thing, but if you look at the video in the first post, you will see that bike has the carbon emsssions box, which makes sense since it's in Quebec.

In this one you can tell that emissions box is not there. It would be blocking the view of the braided stainless lines in front of the clutch:

Also, the yellow sticker on the rear shock (under the spring) in first pic is on the top of the shock, and in the picture of other one it's on the bottom side. So, definitely two different bikes with the same problem. No good. :(

#20 ·
Picked up my FT yesterday.
Ducati changed the seat:

Attachments

#22 ·
The new design looks more durable because it's a folded over half french seam. I have made vinyl seat covers for some of my motorcycles and I own a walking foot upholstery sewing machine. I plan on making a memory foam tuck and roll seat cover for my icon when I get it. I'll probably just stretch it right over top of the OEM cover.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.