Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with first hand experience? I've been reading that the MT60's do like gravel very much, wear out quick on tarmac...

Oh and does anyone know if the Scramby has the regular MT-60 or the Corsa MT-60?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
424 Posts
I think we'll fair some better with the Scramby than 3000 miles out of the rear. Most guys running the MT60RS' are on big and heavy ADV bikes, so hopefully we can edge more mileage out of the lighter weight Scrambler...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Have those tires on my sumo for the last month. Slightly different front size then the scrambler. Same rear size. And all i have to say is that those tires rock hard. Both offroad and onroad. They stick to pavement like crazy. Being so sticky will probably cost them a lot of milage but safety > money so im more then glad that the scrambler arrives with those on.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've read on ADV that they last FAR longer should one spend more time off pavement,, which is logical yes :D

Anyone already thinking of replacements?
I dont care how long the tyres last,as long as they have
much grip.
If i replace them,i will use Conti Sport Attack rear,
and Road Attack Front.This one is available in a Classic Racing Compound
for the 110/80 18 Front wheel.
The question is,how many "smiles per miles" the tyre will give.:D

Reactions: Mixup

·
Registered
31 Posts
Anyone with first hand experience? I've been reading that the MT60's do like gravel very much, wear out quick on tarmac...

Oh and does anyone know if the Scramby has the regular MT-60 or the Corsa MT-60?
Dunno whether the Scrambler version is different but the MT60's that came std on my KTM 690 smc are bloody awesome! They stick like **** to a blanket on the road and are **** good on gravel and dirt. The only issue is when the mud gets deep and is mainly clay; then they clog up quickly and turn into slicks.

In fact I've told the local Ducati dealer to tell all Scrambler buyers that I'll buy them a new Michelin Pilot Road 4 and swap that for their rear MT60 so I can put it on my Hypermotard SP and hit the trails.

I tried the TKC80's and, although they are much better in the slippery stuff; they suck on the road.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yeah, they're pretty good in the wet, I've found the front pushes out a bit but it's probably a combination of wet weather and me at 6 foot tall sitting back a bit and not having enough weight over the front. When I sat forward the front didn't seem to push out much at all. A little bit at speed but not enough to worry about.

The tyres are good, how do they compare to others? Too hard to tell, they are good but without trying other tyres on the same bike I don't know.

For what it's worth, they're better than I expected them to be.

·
Registered
174 Posts
MT60 RS tire wear, saw tooth knobs, humming noise, pressure

Yes, agreed, wet grip is excellent. They do wear, and typical for enduro tires, but not extraordinary fast. My total is now well above 5000 km. It looks like the middle two rows of knobs are made of a harder rubber. The lateral rows seem softer, they are worn down way more and they show a typical " enduro tire on asphalt" skip pattern and saw tooth shape. This is even more pronounced in the front and results in a hearty loud knobby hum when leaning slightly in curves, loudest around 80 km/h, can also be felt in the handles. You should definitively not run those below rated pressure on asphalt. See also http://www.ducatiscramblerforum.com/forum/wheels-tires-suspension/9730-tire-wear-saw-tooth-knobs-humming-noise-pressure.html#post114138

·
Scrambler DIY Guru
979 Posts
I've watched similar tires (Avon Distanzia) wear unevenly on something like a KLR650 in only a couple thousand miles, so I bet these are pretty similar. I will probably replace my tires with Pirelli Angel GT like you showed on the French bike. It just makes the most sense for where I'll be riding.

·
Registered
5 Posts
about mt 60 rs tyres

mt 60 rs are perfect tyres for scramby on road and off road with incredible grip on dry or wet asphalt, i have ride for 3300 km and now the mt 60 rs are finished. Now i have at the rear wheel scorpion trail 2,and at the front wheel pirelli angel gt,both tyres with air pression 2,3 psi. I hope to drive for more km with this new tyres....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.