Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a new Nightshift. I love the bike, and after some minimal mods it's riding (and looking) great.

One thing I'm considering is replacing the glued-on Scrambler logos on the tank panels with a simpler logo, maybe the Giugiaro logo like the 1100 Tribute Pro (photos attached of the idea).

The question is: vinyl or paint?

The internet suggests a few ways to approach this via a custom shop (with my goal being to have the result look factory good, and last as long as the bike).
  1. Have the side panels repainted in black, then a hold-out decal attached, panels repainted in the correct gray, remove the decal (revealing the black), and clear coat.
  2. Have a stencil made and have the logo painted on in black through the stencil, over the gray panels, and clear coat over it.
  3. Have a black vinyl logo made and applied, and clear coat over that.
Does anyone have experience with any of these approaches? Any advice?

And does anyone in the Los Angeles area have any good recommendations for a paint shop who could do this well?
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motorcycle Automotive design

Motor vehicle Camera accessory Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire

·
Registered
8 Posts
I recently picked up a new Nightshift. I love the bike, and after some minimal mods it's riding (and looking) great.

One thing I'm considering is replacing the glued-on Scrambler logos on the tank panels with a simpler logo, maybe the Giugiaro logo like the 1100 Tribute Pro (photos attached of the idea).

The question is: vinyl or paint?

The internet suggests a few ways to approach this via a custom shop (with my goal being to have the result look factory good, and last as long as the bike).
  1. Have the side panels repainted in black, then a hold-out decal attached, panels repainted in the correct gray, remove the decal (revealing the black), and clear coat.
  2. Have a stencil made and have the logo painted on in black through the stencil, over the gray panels, and clear coat over it.
  3. Have a black vinyl logo made and applied, and clear coat over that.
Does anyone have experience with any of these approaches? Any advice?

And does anyone in the Los Angeles area have any good recommendations for a paint shop who could do this well?
View attachment 45836
View attachment 45837
I would go the #3. route if I was you. And I would try doing it myself since how small those panels are. You won’t mess it up even if you want it. This things are made to be customized and wouldn’t spend much money on something that someone would change if you sell the bike or you get tired of it and want different look at one point. Good luck with your decision and post pics when done. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts