Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help here. My chain has been making some noises off and on over the two years I have owned my 2017 Icon.

The one that has been happening recently is one that is making a sort of "low buzzing" or "soft grinding" noise. It hard to explain. It isn't like a hard grinding where it would be obvious that there is something wrong, but more like a steady buzz. I went on a ride with a friend recently and while he was following me, he said he could hear the noise.

The other one that crops up is a higher buzz when I get to about 4k RPM, then goes away when I shift up to the next gear (then occurs at the next 4k RPM).

So, to try to fix it, I did the following:

1) Checked the chain tension. It was within the tolerance, 27mm-29mm.

2) Checked the chain alignment with the Motion Pro Chain Alignment Tool, just to see if somehow the chain got out of alignment the last time I tightened the chain. The chain turned out to be pretty straight.

3) Checked to see if the chain was lubed sufficiently. The chain was not dry and left some grease on my fingers where I checked. (Can you over-lube a chain?)

So from here, I don't know where else to go. Does it make that sound normally? Does it need a cleaning?

I plan on doing a chain strip and clean soon, including the front sprocket, so maybe it might make a difference. But really, I'm not sure, so I'm asking you wiser guys out there.

Thanks in advance~

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello there, I have the same problem, have you found the solution? thanks ;)...I know after 3 years...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts