Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
81 - 98 of 98 Posts
Born in '62 fits me as well. I love seeing that on the gas cap. Reminds me to always stay young. This bike has a real joy to it. I have a few bikes but it seems this is my first choice when I just want a ride to clear my head and get the heart pumping without a lot of drama.

I am 66. My wife told me I was too old to ride a motorcycle.

When I picked it up from the dealer I mentioned that I probably wouldn't fit into the demographics of a Ducati owner. He said that he has many buyers over 50.

I joined the Houston Desmo Owners Group. I don't want to fit the demographics of that group. They are a nice bunch of people until their kickstands are up. They turn into aggressive street racers.

Attachments

You've heard, "50 is the new 30". My guess is, after going through this forum, we ARE the new "hipsters"! And that ain't 'cause we need a hip replacement soon! Face it, our generation kicks serious @$$! We are not going out quietly. When I was young, I use to say, "when I get old, I hope I die in my sleep." Now that I'm older, I want to die doing something…not drooling on myself with a diaper on…but crossed up, full on, screaming all the way! Maybe I will get to die in my sleep, but I'll guarantee, i was having fun the day before. And GNELSON, start a new club. By the looks of things, it won't be long till you find like minded people on the same motorcycle who just wanna go out and find some nice twisted roads to cruise on. And if you're ever heading out to So. Cal., I know some great roads, and where to find some great Italian food…by the way, the high mount exhaust look great!

And GNELSON, start a new club. By the looks of things, it won't be long till you find like minded people on the same motorcycle who just wanna go out and find some nice twisted roads to cruise on. And if you're ever heading out to So. Cal., I know some great roads, and where to find some great Italian food…by the way, the high mount exhaust look great!
I replaced the QD high mount with a QD low mount because the high mount was too hot and kept my right knee from hugging the tank. I think QD is redesigning the high mount to fix those problems. The Icon runs stronger and smoother without the cat and a good tune. There aren't too many Scramblers in Houston. The local dealers didn't order very many. AMS in Dallas was smart in ordering over 50.

I'm about to take delivery of an Icon on my 73rd birthday! I plan to park it next to the '79 Bonneville on which I took delivery (new) on another birthday quite a while back. I find the obviousness of the Scrambler age/gender ad targeting amusing.
I had a Black 79 Bonni. It's memory of rides in the local New England back roads was a strong influence to my purchase of the Scrambler. Simple, light and agile with an engine of character.... Yep! Good times.

Hello
I'm 53.
Judging by the average ages here, the big brain marketing gurus have aimed their product at a demographic that they appear to have totally missed. Fantastic.
Never mind. The bike will be a cracker.
I agree. They just forgot that young riders don't have enough money to buy such a bike.

I'm 53 years old, riding since 39 years and my Scrambler makes me feel like an 20 years old guy each time I ride it :D

81 - 98 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.